AtmoLight - Plugin Improvement discussion (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it enough for me to add support for 1 gif, or do you need more than that?
    i (personally) definitely don't need more then 1. Although i like the feature, i'm not even sure if i would use it for music. The thing with music is that you listen to it, not watch it ;) And i often turn off my TV when listening to radio/music.
    I liked visualisations in the beginning also, but noticed i hardly watch it and i prefer the NowPlaying screen with fanart (before the screensaver kicks in).

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks awesome! (y)
    I have no idea about the gif count you should implement...why not making a folder which contains all the gifs and make the plugin able to cycle throug the available gifs inside of this folder?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Curious if those GIF's work in the Pictures section.
    We have the code for the slideshow option in there already. :D

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks awesome! (y)
    I have no idea about the gif count you should implement...why not making a folder which contains all the gifs and make the plugin able to cycle throug the available gifs inside of this folder?
    It is possible sure, the question is just, would you actually use more than one?
    Its way more work to add support for multiple gifs. I would need to make it possible to define multiple ones, store them, receive them, show them in the context menu, show them in the configuration when you select "Gif Reader Effect" (or what i will call it) for music for example.
    All possible, but i dont have any idea which features are actually being used by the users. Apart from @HomeY, pretty much nobody gave me any feedback about which feature is being used. So i really dont want to add stuff that then again nobody will ever use. If you say, as you requested/suggested this, that you see yourself using more than one gif on a regular basis, i will add it. Otherwise im going to go the easy route and just add support for 1 gif ;).

Curious if those GIF's work in the Pictures section.
    We have the code for the slideshow option in there already.
    To be more clear. The way this works is this. I set AtmoWin to liveview mode and to external source. Like it is done with the Mediaportal Liveview mode, but instead of sending the video/gui frames, i read frames from the gif and send those. This all then runs in a loop. You will never see the gif in mediaportal and it is independet from anything mp shows. Its like the Colorchanger effect, just that AtmoLight is controlling the data.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok,
    first test version. I moved all the stuff into the core, so we can use this in MP2 plugin aswell.
    At the moment the path to the gif is hardcoded. So you will need to put the gif you want to use here:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\mygif.gif

Start it via the context menu:
    Change Effect -> GIF Reader

Attachments

• AtmoLight_FEATURE_GIFReader_V01.rar
      57.7 KB

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So,
    before the World Cup i actually implemeted a new effect called "World Cup Oracle" that you could enable and it would show you who would win the World Cup. It showed the German flag... However, i decided not to release it and deleted the code... I just should have gone with it... dammit :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom