AtmoWakeHelper - 1.00 - Solution for auto COM reconnect on sleep/resume (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rick can you explain your software ?

Sure:

Problem description
    - After a pc comes out of sleep the com port will be unavailable for Atmowin, tested this on Windows 8.1 running Atmowin (SEDU V2/V3).
    - Atmowin will then report that it can no longer connect or just freeze up waiting for a COM connection that's not gonna happen.

Old solution

- Re-add COM port and restart Atmowin, cumbersome and not ideal.

My solution (Wokener)

- Upon starting Wokener it will run in the background and monitors when the machine goes into sleep and resume.
    - Upon machine resume it will stop Atmowin then reconnect the COM port afterwards it will start Atmowin again and all is working.
    - It does that without any user intervention and within 10 seconds.

Source code can be found here:

http://pastebin.com/stWyVTc7

Rough version but it will will work for now, it can be done without .bat files however UAC was annoying me a bit and was easier to test it this way.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Updated it with complete VS solution, makes it easier to import if anyone wants to compile it.
    Also cleaned up the first post a bit with more detailed information.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Name is not final but all the cool wakeup tool names were taken :p , can always call it AtmoWakeHelper.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    you choose what you want, your are the father lol
    let me know, if you want, i add it to github
    and the name yo uwant, no more editable after ....

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So @HomeY has similar or same problem with Arduino. You both have Win8. I on the other hand don't have any if these issues and run Win7, so maybe Win8 is the problem here.

About source, I would suggest to create a new repo on our github page and upload source there.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Offtopic :)

You are a Farscape man :)

Yep since the first episode :D

So @HomeY has similar or same problem with Arduino. You both have Win8. I on the other hand don't have any if these issues and run Win7, so maybe Win8 is the problem here.

About source, I would suggest to create a new repo on our github page and upload source there.

Think it's due to Windows 8 as I didn't notice it before with Windows 7 but a lot has changed in Atmowin as well so not 100% sure.

@azzuro can you make a new repo called "AtmoWakeHelper" ?
    WIll push the code there, it's a very small project but will enhance it further as using batch scripts isn't nice for the user.
    Thought about the design and will just add 1 main program with external dependency's in separate directory (\include), might as well add an tray icon to allow for easy setup (COM port selection)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom