ATSC Card Owners: Come here for Support (2 Viewers)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    to fix the issues with timeshifting ATSC channels i need a short full ts dump (10 sec. should be absolutely enough).
    If anybody could upload such a dump, that would be really nice :D

glew

Portal Member
    January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Commodore 64,
    I've been trying to find out why I couldn't scan all my channels for my HDHomerun after installing TVengine.3.
    I'm using build 17728 which works except for channel scan.
    The problem is the table of channel frequencies in the file 'Qamstandard.qam' has an error.
    The first number in the list should be removed and it will work fine.
    Thanks for all your work,
    Lew Scott

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country
    MP 1 RC2 ATSC Channel scan failure

Just upgraded from MP 1 RC1 to RC2.
    Did complete manual uninstall of old MP and SQL.
    Install went smooth as butter.
    Single seat installation.
    However in when I run a scan on the ATSC tuner it does not find any channels.
    Running Windows MCE2005 RU2 SP3 and latest Microslop patches.
    The old MP did find the ATSC channels with the scan.

Any help appreciated.

Also I could not find the deamon tools and ISO file extension options in this new release. Looks like I need to convert my ISOs to IFOs. Is IFO the prefered DVD image in MP?

I only use MP for DVD ISO playing and ATSC channels viewing. So for me these issues are a show stopper.
    If someone has ATSC working then please let me know?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Can't help with the analog scan, both my NTSC and ATSC tuners scanned just fine.

Did you check to make sure advanced options was selected? (top right corner of MP config)

You will probably have to add the .iso extention again manually (I did, but only discovered it after I cleared my movie database) now everything is back to normal.

just guessing.

Chuck

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country
    Thanks for letting me know your scan worked.
    Turned out to be a cabling problem (id10t error!).
    Scan works great now.

Next problem.
    MP finding some old broken channel/EPG info.
    I can see this because some of my channels have the same names as the previous install.
    These were broken due to some EPG tweaking.
    I tried doing a more thorough clean and re-install. Same thing.
    I am expecting to see generic channel names and not the ones I typed in.
    Not sure where it is getting the info from.

CLEAN PROCEDURE
    ==============
    Uninstall MP client
    Uninstall MP server
    Uninstall MS SQL Server
    Reboot.
    Deleted C:\program files\Team Media Portal
    Deleted C:\program files\microsoft\SQL server
    Deleted C:\docs and settings\all users\applications\mediaportal
    Deleted HKLM reg entry Software\Mediaportal

What am I missing? I thought the EPG and channel stuff was stored in MP program files.
    Only other solution is to re-install the PC from scratch. It has to be something simple.

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country
    I deleted that one. It must be pulling the channel info from somewhere else embedded in the registry.
    I am wondering if it is one of the subkeys under the registry entry Microsoft Tuner. I was leary of deleting that.
    Probably quickest to re-install the entire OS again.
    I am not sure whether it is worth my time trying to debug it. It is tempting to look at those detailed (nebulous) log files.
    If only I could figure out how to do a "rigorous" clean up of the old mediaportal settings then I know it would work.
    I did a reg search for the word "Mediaportal" and there are 30 tiny mediaportal entries randomly scattered in HKLM. I might try weeding them out but there are sure to be other entries with names I haven't thought of. This is getting messy.

History.
    ======
    Had RC1 installed with SVNs. All was working 100% with ATSC. No EPG used.
    Then I tried to set up the EPG. This somehow broke the ATSC TV channels and they would not work anymore.
    I then uninstalled MP and SQL and tried to manually clean up the MP and SQL folders/files/reg entries.
    Installed MP RC2 but it still had the channel names that I manually assigned in trying to get EPG working in the prior installation.
    So I know that my cleaning failed.

Where do I go from here?
    1) Re-install OS
    2) Debug the EPG/Channel name issue
    3) Uninstall / Rigorous clean / Re-install
    4) Look at log files for errros on why my TV channels won't display. Even though the channel scan found them.

bobn4burton

Portal Member
    December 2, 2006
    Quick question...

I've been using an older version of MP and haven't updated to the latest version. In fact, I think my version is pre 1.x.

I've been considering going to Vista Media Center because ATSC support has always been sketchy with MP. I get random lockups when changing channels while watching TV. I have a Vbox Cats eye 150 and also just ordered an HDhomerun that will be here in a couple days.

So here's my question...has ATSC support gotten any better with these latest releases? My friend uses VMC and has had zero issues with the TV section. This is why I've been considering the switch...since MP has not worked very well for ATSC tv purposes.

Anyways...I haven't been following the forums the last few months and just wanted to get the latest word to see if I should try a new version before going with VMC temporarily until ATSC support gets much more robust with MP.

Thanks for any quick help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom