ATSC Card Owners: Come here for Support (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been running my HD Homerun with MP since before 1.0RC1. there were some initial snags, as SiliconeDust was also having issues with it's drivers....

Both SiliconeDust (the HD Homerun ppl) and Team Media Portal have worked diligently at getting things working. Up-to and including the 1.0RC2 (SVN Sept.14) update all was working without issue. The 1.0RC2 SVN updates from Sept.20 and the 1.0RC3 and SVNs have had issues with finding the channels in a scan. So until it is resolved, I've rolled back only the TV-Server to the 1.0RC2 SVN from Sept.14, which is working quite well so far with MediaPortal 1.0RC3.

The Team is aware of the issue and has done some inquiries as to the problem. As I've said, I have a short term solution that is working. I'm looking foreward to the other improvements to TV-Server when this issue is tackled.

Best regards,

Chuck

staceystacey

November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Help with ViXS PureTV ASTC Tuner

Hello Commodore 64,

New to MP, newby to DTV in general.

Trying to get an ViXS PureTV ASTC Tuner to pick up any TV signal (I am about 1 km from a tower using an amplified antenna).

The MediaPortal 1.0 RC3 install was uneventfull (sucessful), however when I scan for physical channels using the TV Server Config, I get "Mod8Vsb: No signal."

I think I might be missing something simple. Any input greatly appretiated,

Stacey

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello Commodore 64,

New to MP, newby to DTV in general.

Trying to get an ViXS PureTV ASTC Tuner to pick up any TV signal (I am about 1 km from a tower using an amplified antenna).

The MediaPortal 1.0 RC3 install was uneventfull (sucessful), however when I scan for physical channels using the TV Server Config, I get "Mod8Vsb: No signal."

I think I might be missing something simple. Any input greatly appretiated,

Stacey

I'm getting the same error with my HDTV wonder card. I'll be interested in hearing a solution if one exists. This card is listed in the supported hardware, which is why I bought it. Thanks!

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country
    I used the following steps to incrementally test my config.
    I have had problems like coax couplers come lose on their own. So make sure all the connections are tight.
    Hand tight should be good enough but you can 'gently' use a wrench.
    The other issue was pointing my antenna at the direction of the broadcast tower which requires a compass.
    Sounds like you might even be able visually see your tower from your home.

1. Verify that your signal is good.
    This can be tested by connecting the RG6 coax cable from your digital TV antenna to your digital TV.
    The TV should be able to scan and pick up some channels. At 1 km from the tower I am surprised you need an amplifier.
    FYI ATSC uses a different antenna than the old analog signal.

2. Verify Capture card works.
    Unplug coax from digital TV and plug into ATSC port of capture card in PC.
    I use the Hauppauge WinTV 1600.
    Now use the capture cards TV software to make sure you can see the channels.

3. Install and run latest version of MP (RC3)
    Scan for channels in the configure TV server.

Good luck.

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I have had problems like coax couplers come lose on their own. So make sure all the connections are tight.
    The other issue was pointing my antenna at the direction of the broadcast tower which requires a compass.

This can be tested by connecting the RG6 coax cable from your digital TV antenna to your digital TV.
    The TV should be able to scan and pick up some channels. At 1 km from the tower I am surprised you need an amplifier.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tips. I verified my card was working with WatchHDTV so I know all the cables are good and antenna is good. I also have another tuner on the same line and that's working great. Whenever I use MediaPortal to scan I get no signal. I'm oh so close to the pefect setup! :)

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country

Good luck.

Thanks for the tips. I verified my card was working with WatchHDTV so I know all the cables are good and antenna is good. I also have another tuner on the same line and that's working great. Whenever I use MediaPortal to scan I get no signal. I'm oh so close to the pefect setup! :)

Hmm you are indeed very close. I used the default settings for the scan.
    Probably something simple like you are running the scan on the wrong card or the wrong port of the card.
    My card has 2 inputs: 1 regular TV + 1 ATSC digital HD TV.
    Or perhaps your card is not supported in MP however this would suprise me.
    Another option is that another service has gotten hold of your TV card and wont let MP have access.
    Verify that all other software that uses the card is not running (look in system tray and services).
    I had some problems with XP Microsoft Windows media center service using the card once. I had installed MP which worked. But then went into Microslop Media Center and tried that. Then re-tried MP and found it would not work.
    I did a fresh install and that fixed it. What happens is that MP disables media center service when you install it. Re-running mediacenter enables the service which conflicts with MP.

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Hmm you are indeed very close. I used the default settings for the scan.
    Probably something simple like you are running the scan on the wrong card or the wrong port of the card.
    My card has 2 inputs: 1 regular TV + 1 ATSC digital HD TV.
    Or perhaps your card is not supported in MP however this would suprise me.
    Another option is that another service has gotten hold of your TV card and wont let MP have access.
    Verify that all other software that uses the card is not running (look in system tray and services).
    I had some problems with XP Microsoft Windows media center service using the card once. I had installed MP which worked. But then went into Microslop Media Center and tried that. Then re-tried MP and found it would not work.
    I did a fresh install and that fixed it. What happens is that MP disables media center service when you install it. Re-running mediacenter enables the service which conflicts with MP.

Still no go, any other ideas? I tried everything you mention. I did a scan using "cable" and "antenna", even tried each scan on both ports of the card. No channels. argh.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The ViXS chip support didn't work from their SDK info.
    Post your TV.Log file and I can see what can be done to try and make it work...

DMAN

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    The ViXS chip support didn't work from their SDK info.
    Post your TV.Log file and I can see what can be done to try and make it work...

DMAN

I'm sorry, I don't see a tv.log file (or any *.log file for that matter). Can you point me to the correct file?

Would I be further ahead to just order a different card? Perhaps a pci-express x1 card? I bought this one as it was listed as supported on the TV hardware compatibility sheet. If that's incorrect should that be updated? Thanks for your help!

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I also tried an ati tv wonder pci card and it detected just fine, but channel scan shows nothing in mp. I tested with a tv just to make sure everything external was good, and that worked great. Any ideas?
    I thought maybe the card isn't supported, so I ran through the graphedit tutorial and after adding all the components, the ati tuner component doesn't have an MPEG2 Transport pin, like it shows in all the tutorials. Could that have something to do with it? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom