ATSC Card Owners: Come here for Support (1 Viewer)

KillerBug

April 26, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The Avermedia A180 card does not work with MediaPortal under vista64. I have even tried the generic Phillips driver as well as several other drivers for this chip, and none of them work at all. I have also tried several software MPEG drivers with each of the manufacturer drivers with no luck. The card works fine without any config needed in every other media center application I have tried. I cannot find a CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file anywhere on my hard drive (yet my other ATSC tuner works?) It is just my secondary card (thankfully), but I would like to be able to use it...that is why I checked the MediaPortal compatability list before buying it.

KillerBug

April 26, 2009
Home Country
It is an ATSC-Only card, and it does not even show up in the list with my other tuners and radiowebstream. It is as if it is not installed the system, except every other tuner software sees (and uses) it just fine. Not sure what TVE2 or TVE3 are...I have the latest release of MediaPortal with no addons if that helps. Using windows vista64 ultimate with all updates, net framework 3.5, vista codec pack, all the latest drivers, and NOTHING ELSE installed (Just had to reformat to fix another mediaportal issue).:D

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
The Avermedia A180 card does not work with MediaPortal under vista64. I have even tried the generic Phillips driver as well as several other drivers for this chip, and none of them work at all. I have also tried several software MPEG drivers with each of the manufacturer drivers with no luck. The card works fine without any config needed in every other media center application I have tried. I cannot find a CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file anywhere on my hard drive (yet my other ATSC tuner works?) It is just my secondary card (thankfully), but I would like to be able to use it...that is why I checked the MediaPortal compatability list before buying it.

Seems none of the avermedia cards that support atsc/qam work Media Portal when running Vista. I have the A180 and the M780 and both work fine under windows xp but once I upgraded to vista both no longer are detected. I hope soon Media Portal will support these cards under vista as I can then get rid of running Media Center for TV.

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
I have successfully configured my atsc card (Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600) and scheduled direct. The issue I am having is that I can preview the channel in the TV Server configuration. However, I can not actually watch TV, via My TV.

I have the same card are you using and no problems with 1.0. Are you using 1.0.1?
Sometimes there is a slight delay. It helps to wait a minute or 2 after opening MP client.
Are you using any fancy codecs or defaults?

dirtyvu

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
I have successfully configured my atsc card (Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600) and scheduled direct. The issue I am having is that I can preview the channel in the TV Server configuration. However, I can not actually watch TV, via My TV.

Let me know if you find a solution. I had a similar problem. Here's what happened with me.
I installed the WinTV-HVR-1600 card in a Vista 32-bit machine. I installed MediaPortal 1.0.2 and it detected analog fine, and some of the clearQAM channels. I was excited. I could do a lot in MediaPortal and it was working.

I then used MC2XML to import EPG information. and It was displaying the guide information correctly but when I went to the TV, I was stuck at the MediaPortal blue screen. no TV was outputting anymore. it would show correctly in the preview section of TV Server but not actually in the program. I tried changing a bunch of things after that (changing the chosen guide for my area, changing codecs, changing Hauppauge drivers, etc). and it never worked.

I then tried the card in a Windows 7 RC1 64-bit machine. I used the default Windows driver for the card (dated 3/19/2009) and Media Center 7 works perfectly. I have all the clearQAM channels, all of the analog channels.

I then tried MediaPortal and only the analog part of the card was detected.
I then tried installing Hauppauge 4.8+ beta drivers (dated 01/2008) and in MediaPortal, now both analog and digital cards were detected. however, it would quickly scan and find nothing for clearQAM channels. the scanning was so fast. not the normal slow detection that you normally see.

I've since gone back to the MS Windows 7 driver for the WinTV-HVR-1600 card and am using Media Center 7 until someone can help. I've been tweaking things like crazy trying to get MP to work since I want to try using the Xbox as a front end and MP as the recording backend. But the forums is a maze of messages and it's hard to find answers. I wish I could be a moderator and go thru threads and delete unnecessary messages so that solutions can be found more easily.

side rant: i know people don't like threads edited and such. i used to frequent Xbox-Scene.com - Xbox 360 Xbox360 Modchips Xecuter3 Xenium SmartXX X-Chip X-B.I.T Xecuter2.6 Xodus - Gamesave Dashboard exploit - EvolutionX Avalaunch MXM Dashboard UnleashX - X2 & EvoX bios - Copy Xbox Hacks & Cracks tutorials faq - Cheapmod to search for xbox tutorials, only to find that they've kept a zillion tutorials that were posted throughout the xbox history. So I'm following a guide, only to find out the guide has been made obsolete by much easier techniques in other tutorials. So here I am trying to filter out literally dozens of tutorials to find one that is more relevant. And sorting by date doesn't help. because sometimes someone will post a newer tutorial that is basically a rehash of an older tutorial. i guess it goes with the territory of being a casual hacker, trying to hack together programs like MP or doing different things with the Xbox (XBMC forever!).

Dagaetch

Portal Member
June 13, 2009
Hi, I posted this in the tv-tuner forum but haven't gotten any responses yet so I wanted to check here.

I just built my HTPC and installed MediaPortal and it works great. Only problem is, I can't figure out how to get my tuner card recognized. I have a AverTVHD Duet (AVerMedia MPD USA - PCTV tuner card - HDTV tuners - ClearQAM - TV Tuner Card - AVerTVHD Duet (White Box)), and from what I can tell, the drivers are BDA. It doesn't show up in the TV Server configuration, but I've gotten it working fine in Windows Media Center. Running Windows 7 RC btw.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this working? Thank you!

dirtyvu

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Hi, I posted this in the tv-tuner forum but haven't gotten any responses yet so I wanted to check here.

I just built my HTPC and installed MediaPortal and it works great. Only problem is, I can't figure out how to get my tuner card recognized. I have a AverTVHD Duet (AVerMedia MPD USA - PCTV tuner card - HDTV tuners - ClearQAM - TV Tuner Card - AVerTVHD Duet (White Box)), and from what I can tell, the drivers are BDA. It doesn't show up in the TV Server configuration, but I've gotten it working fine in Windows Media Center. Running Windows 7 RC btw.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this working? Thank you!

how can you say mediaportal works great and yet it can't detect your tuner card?

Dagaetch

Portal Member
June 13, 2009
how can you say mediaportal works great and yet it can't detect your tuner card?
Because it does absolutely everything else perfectly and exactly as I want, and because watching live tv is the absolute least frequent thing I will do with this computer. I'd like to get it working so I can record the occasional OTA broadcast, but in the meantime, WMC will work for those rare occasions.

ejkeebler

Portal Member
January 24, 2008
Home Country
ok so im guessing i just did this graphedit stuff and capturecardsdefinition.xml for no reason? Is this file obsolutely with TV-Server? and if so why on earth does it appear my tuner shows up and makes connections fine w/ BDA, but doesn't list in Media Portal, and is there anyway to get it there?

it's a HVR-2250 and I've tried it on win7 32 and win7 64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom