att: guidedigger users and Oz MP users (1 Viewer)

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi all,

i'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the default EPG, it is constantly out of date/inaccurate, so i'm going to have to configure another solution.

I found this site for AU guides, it has all the latest channels and about 7days worth.
http://www.epg-service.tv/

Lichloathe, do you have any details about how often this one is updated?

i'll give epgstream a try in the meantime.

cheers,

dh.

--

hmm, i'm not sure about epgstream.net... i share the same concerns raised earlier in this thread - is it kept up to date!?

during the install i've selected a number of channels, one of them being one of the two most recently added digital channels (GEM), it drops off, and you have to reselect it in the config, post install. i think it's a pretty minor bug that should've been addressed since the introduction of this channel some months ago...

the home page of epgstream.net also doesn't have news since Oct 2009...

channel ELEVEN is also on the way, so i'd hate to introduce a product that won't cater for this.

perhaps someone can instil me with some confidence in this product, or share an alternative.

thanks a lot,

dh.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi all,

i'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the default EPG, it is constantly out of date/inaccurate, so i'm going to have to configure another solution.

I found this site for AU guides, it has all the latest channels and about 7days worth.
    http://www.epg-service.tv/

Lichloathe, do you have any details about how often this one is updated?

i'll give epgstream a try in the meantime.

cheers,

dh.

--

hmm, i'm not sure about epgstream.net... i share the same concerns raised earlier in this thread - is it kept up to date!?

during the install i've selected a number of channels, one of them being one of the two most recently added digital channels (GEM), it drops off, and you have to reselect it in the config, post install. i think it's a pretty minor bug that should've been addressed since the introduction of this channel some months ago...

the home page of epgstream.net also doesn't have news since Oct 2009...

channel ELEVEN is also on the way, so i'd hate to introduce a product that won't cater for this.

perhaps someone can instil me with some confidence in this product, or share an alternative.

thanks a lot,

dh.
    Sorry Dihoff, I stumbled onto this one when I was searching the web for an alternate to oztivo's epg data, I have no idea who maintains it or how often it updates.

Regards
    Lichloathe

tatch76

Portal Member
    January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    having issues with the epg-service.tv stream. seems channel 7 and a couple of others are fine but other channels getting their am and pm mixed up (e.g. 9 and 10).

This is Sydney stream.

Anyone else having better luck?

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi all,

well, i don't think epgstream.net is going to be any better than just the default EPG grabbing... tonight, there has been a programming change, but epgstream's XML file is showing out of date tv show information (downloaded 5:15PM).

more specifically what should be showing is:
    Blue Bloods, Channel 10 9PM to 11PM, but instead it shows:

<programme start="20110223203000 +1100" stop="20110223213000 +1100" channel="Ten-NSW">
    <title>Blue Bloods</title>

SNIP

<programme start="20110223213000 +1100" stop="20110223223000 +1100" channel="Ten-NSW">
    <title>House, M.D.</title>

SNIP

and, i've just checked the other source that was recommend (http://www.epg-service.tv/) and it's very out of date, with no new information since 20110115.

gawd, i miss guidedigger!

what else are you guys using???

thanks, dh.

hfcrussell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2007
    Perth
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am still using guide digger only minus a few channels.... that is.

I take it no one can crack the workmanship of the Mighty Angusman.

Russell.

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    why don't you guys use EPGCollector ?

thanks for the suggestion. i've looked into, but it looks like it's getting the EPG data via the signal... the problem is that the signal data is out of date. so, i'm after an internet solution.

cheers,

dh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom