[fixed] Audio CD track plays only for 5 seconds, then stops (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Problem: Audio CD tracks play only for 5 seconds, then stop playing and MediaPortal stops responding. Tried a few CDs that worked fine before, same problem. Same CDs play back fine in Windows Media Player. Disabled minidisplay plugin (just in case), same thing. Never had this problem with the previous versions of MP. DVDs work fine.

Steps: Insert audio CD, wait until it is recognized, select the track, wait for about 5 seconds.:eek:

grrfield

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Audio CD track plays only for 5 seconds, then stops

Hello hwahrmann,

I'm using 1.2.0 alpha and I'm very impressed of the stability and responsivness of this version. The only problem on my installation at the moment is this CD bug. Most of my music is ripped on the harddisc, but some X-mas music I have only on CD. Especially the WAF is dropping, if it is impossible top play a CD. Now, after the change of the release date for the beta version, I had to wait until Febraury or I have to go back to 1.1.x.

Therefore my question: Would it be possible to resolve this bug by only changing some files in an existing 1.2.0 alpha installation? Could you provide such a bugfix?

Regards
    grrfiled

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There are many changes so if you are unable to build your own version from the code the only stable version is 1.1.2

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Audio CD track plays only for 5 seconds, then stops

Hello hwahrmann,

I'm using 1.2.0 alpha and I'm very impressed of the stability and responsivness of this version. The only problem on my installation at the moment is this CD bug. Most of my music is ripped on the harddisc, but some X-mas music I have only on CD. Especially the WAF is dropping, if it is impossible top play a CD. Now, after the change of the release date for the beta version, I had to wait until Febraury or I have to go back to 1.1.x.

Therefore my question: Would it be possible to resolve this bug by only changing some files in an existing 1.2.0 alpha installation? Could you provide such a bugfix?

Easiest workaround would to rip those xmas CDs to HD and then delete those on 1.1.2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom