Audio concept of MP2 (1 Viewer)

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,
    i have a question about the audio concept of MP2.
    Is it planned to support easily switching between audio devices or play the stream on more than one audio device like some audio software is capable to?

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Germany Germany
    AW: Audio concept of MP2

No, it is not planned to have such a switch, but if it is needed/wanted, someone could look into the subject.
    I think such a switch would need to switch the audio signals of all players at once, maybe the correct place to add such an audio device management would be the PlayerManager or somewhere near that class.
    Do you have experience with that subject? Can you tell me possible use cases?

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Case could be in a larger house moving to other room and leaving the same audio content playing could be nice.
    Just to have cabling to other room.
    As having aMPdroid or similar remote managing option is/will be available it all becomes great option.

Kind of Sonos replacement :)

Of course this could be made with audio receiver that can manage different zones, but this option could be used with
    already owned audio sets. Even audio can be sent wireless from HTPC to other room's audio setup.

Arturas

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Germany Germany

I don't completely understand: Do you want the same audio signal to be played in multiple rooms or do you want different audio signals which all are managed by one single MP2 instance? Or do you want multiple MP2 instances on the same computer, one instance per "audio zone"?

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Lithuania Lithuania
    The simpliest is enough - the same isntance to be played in multiple rooms. More different instances do not think that is needed, but as I understand right in MP2 this could be possible also.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Germany Germany
    Country flag

In my setup i use the TV connected through DVI and 3,5 audio jack. When i watch a movie or listen to music, i want to use my surround system connected through SPDIF. So i have to switch the audio device. Sure, i can connect my HTPC with HDMI to my receiver and TV, but then i have to switch on the receiver all the time. So i think, many users would be glad of such function.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Another scenario which you might like to consider. Sometimes I want to watch films in 5.1 and other times only in Stereo (maybe late at night or over headphones), so it would be nice to have a switch in MP to mixdown the 5.1 to stereo. I don't have a receiver and only use the analog outputs on my PC, so I can't switch output devices to achieve this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Stephen O'Kane [SOLVED] TV Stream stuttering - both Video and Audio Watch / Listen Media 14
    M.Hulot MP plays in Internal Blu-ray-Player-mode always first audio stream not the one I chosen in settings General Support 1
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    W [solved] Incorrect audio being reported Moving Pictures 4
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    ninja 12 Audio dropouts with Dolby / DTS watch/edit Videos 12
    bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
    T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    S Remote button to change audio and subtitle on / off General 10
    F Audio render and font error in my logs General Support 2
    R [solved] Command / Shortcut for changing subtitles or audio Archive 5
    K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
    Glith Audio out of sync after pause. Rewind 15sec gets it into sync again. MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    C ARC Audio Renderer Changer: wo kann man es konfigurieren? Video & DVD 15
    joecrow No Audio after MP Start/Resume from Sleep General Support 0
    C Ability to browse videos and audio by folder General 2
    Lichloathe Offline audio content General 9
    G How best to get cover art for tracks to show up on the Audio Menu (Latest Added, Unplayed)? General 9
    Ralph Holmes Wrong audio source in TV General 1
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Audio description MediaPortal 1 10
    ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
    cladinshadows85 [solved] Audio playing mutiple times over video and crashing General 8
    H Live TV info OSD not displaying number of audio channels General Support 3
    T Moving Pictures...seem to have 'lost' ability to display Movie info. (eg Resolution/Audio) Moving Pictures 2