Audio Cuts out for second (1 Viewer)

Cruisen

Portal Member
February 3, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
OK Thanks, I will have to try later as girlfriend is watching tv off the server I'm experiencing the sound cuts. Can someone please tell me the process of disabling the onboard sound through bios ? I don't want to disable the wrong thing. I don't seem to experience the issue in VLC. Also, How do you know that I don't need onboard audio ? I don't have a sound card is it in my graphics card ?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If your sound is coming via the HDMI attached to the video card, then yes indeed the video card is handling all the audio and you are not using your onboard audio chip. The process of turning it off in bios should be fairly simple, and it would be equally easy to turn it on again. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Cruisen

Portal Member
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Unfortunately disabling the onboard audio has not fixed the issue. I could not find anything regarding onboard sound drivers. The only thing I have noticed is that I have less devices now under sound and controllers in device manager and I have lost the option for sp-dif under playback devices. Any other things I can try ? Does my log state anything useful ?

Cruisen

Portal Member
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    By different audio codec , I'm guessing you mean disable LAV ? Will this effect my TV server, Thanks for your help.

Cruisen

Portal Member
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Slight progress by changing the default format when running in shared mode to 16 bit 44100 Hz (cd quality )and disabling enhancements (which none were checked/selected) has changed the interval from approximately 2 min to 5 min. Not sure on what this shared mode really does.

Cruisen

Portal Member
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the link I tried changing to internal direct show filter as the player under music instead of bass engine though that didn't work. I didn't think to change any settings under codecs and renderer as they seemed they had nothing to do with the music mp3's I'm having the issue with, Or was I meant to try changing some of those settings. The problem exists in WMP also so I'm investigating down that path also. This is really annoying, I'm loving I can watch TV OK but the audio cuts when trying to listen to music is driving me crazy,

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's hard to follow because you said it was not just MP, then you said it was only MP, now you are saying it's not just MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom