audio not synced, stutter problems when refreshrate is 24hz (2 Viewers)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I still haven't received any 24Hz display device as a donation so it's not possible at least for me to debug the issue :p (no, I won't even think about using the HTPC + beamer combination to debug...).

I can´t donate a 24Hz display but you are welcome @myhome to test and debug :D

GrtmstrFlits

January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello, I'd like to confirm the problem. I'm running 1.02 and audio in 1080p24 is out of sync. When I play the video in Mediaplayer Classic-HC at 24hz playback is as smooth as a baby's bottom. In MP im using the MPC-HC codecs, so it seems like the cause is somewhere in the internal player.

System: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 with onboard nvidia 9400

KRA

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have a 720p24 source that constantly speeds up the framerate, I don't know exactly how often, but probably about 1-2 seconds between. MP have the same problem if I set my display to 24hz, 50hz or 60hz. Playback with windows media player does not have same problem. This is with both 1.0.1 and 1.0.2.

To put it in other terms, if you se a someone walking, it's like they are walking normal, then running for a short period of time, then walking...running...

............................._ _ _ _ ................................ _ _ _ _............................._ _ _ _ ................................ _ _ _ _

I've tried different codecs, but same issue (and since wmp is working it's not a codec issue)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have a 720p24 source that constantly speeds up the framerate, I don't know exactly how often, but probably about 1-2 seconds between. MP have the same problem if I set my display to 24hz, 50hz or 60hz. Playback with windows media player does not have same problem. This is with both 1.0.1 and 1.0.2.

To put it in other terms, if you se a someone walking, it's like they are walking normal, then running for a short period of time, then walking...running...

............................._ _ _ _ ................................ _ _ _ _............................._ _ _ _ ................................ _ _ _ _

I've tried different codecs, but same issue (and since wmp is working it's not a codec issue)

Please upload the clip (or part of the slip) to some place that others can test it also.

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

could it be that mediaportal is doing it's own version of 3:2:2 pulldown?

damn, this issue really needs to be resolved... :-(

5Hundred

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I also have this out of synch audio issue using vista and automatic refreshrate changer. Especially present on avi files at 24hz. If i change the tv to 24fps and play the file thru WMP it works fine. No error logs that i can see. Using ATI HD3200 and ffdshow.

orphess

Portal Member
    July 20, 2008
    I'm also having trouble playing back 24hz movies (1080p) without getting skipping/stuttering/frame dropouts. I've been trying lots of different settings and combinations of settings to overcome this problem but no luck.

All material plays back perfectly smooth in Media Player Classic.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I have put this same post in the other thread also ...................................

OK, I have now spent quite some time messing about with this and can confirm 2 issues which have been mentioned previously in this thread, but I belive are separate issues.

1) XVID audio synch delay. This appears to occur in 24hz mode and seems very difficult to pin down. It seems quite random. I can play one fine at one moment, but on other occasions, suffers slight audio delay.

My thoughts are that it is something to do with the refresh rate change somehow still taking hold whilst the video kicks in and the sound gets delayed somehow.

Although I need to test this more, I think this happens when cahanging from say my default of 50hz to 24hz and thenplaying the xvid. I think that if I am already playing at 24hz, that this doesn't seem to occur (or is much less likely to occur).

2) 24hz hidef mkv audio delay. This is much more aggressive delay and for me occurs using VISTA/EVR/ATI and MPC video decoder.

This does not occur where DXVA kicks in but for those that software decode using MPC.

I am unsure how to identify when DXVA is on except that my CPU runs at around 10% which is the indicator I have used.

The mkvs that cause the problens have a profile of 5.1 and ref frames of 8 or 9. The CPU does run high, but this also occurs when playing the same mkv in Graphedit using MPC.

In Graphedit, the audio does not suffer lag, so from what I can tell, MPC software decoding in 24hz causes audio delay in the Mediaportal player.

COREAVC does not cause audio delay but ofcourse is purely software.

The quick answer is to ensure that the profile of one's mvv's is 4.0 or 4.1 with ref frames of up to 5, but this it does appear that MPC does behave outside of mediaportal when software decoding.

The xvid problem is more worrying because there is no workaround. I use ATI profiles via .bat file. I put a pause in this at the end for 3 seconds and thought that this had solved the issue, but I have since managed to get audio delay again. My default hz rate in Mediaportal is 50hz. I find the best time to try and emulate this problem is by starting a 24fps xvid on entering Mediaportal.

I really hope some of this info is helpful!

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    To only solution is to accelerate the 24p video to 25 using Reclock and setting your screen at 50 Hz... a sadly solution as I (and you too I suppose) have bought a 24p TV to avoid this!!!

It's obvious that this problem will be never solved (the developers has clearly indicated NO interest to solve this issue!) we must hope it will be solved in Mediaportal 2... hoping the bug is not replaced as is... in the new MP :(

MP2 should be a total rewrite :D

The tentation to change is big... maybe this summer I'll try Medioos :eek:

fanoI

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    It's obvious that this problem will be never solved (the developers has clearly indicated NO interest to solve this issue!) we must hope it will be solved in Mediaportal 2... hoping the bug is not replaced as is... in the new MP :(

Well, well... I still haven't seen the donated 24p capable display device so that I could actually debug the issue... and if you would have checked the another thread where I have been working with the slightly less pissed off users to try to solve the issue by helping with testing you would notice that this issue is tried to be solved.

But with such attitude I might stop even trying to understand what is going on with the 24p issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom