Audio pass-through and Volume Control (3 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For the first time since v 1.7 MP is working the way I want it.
    Excellent! It is always pleasing to finish with a successful outcome. :)

unzipping the package produces a folder by the same name as the zip file so... the files were left inside the 283416_centarea hid folder.
    Sorry about that. It originates from the way that I use Windows. I mostly use the command line, with a file manager that also has a command line. When I use my "unzip" batch script, the files are placed in the same folder as the ZIP file (not in a sub-folder, unless the ZIP file itself contains sub-folders). Doh! :oops:

If you mention in your directions to download the zip file and extract the files. the move the files from the extracted folder to \inputdevicemappings it may be more clear.
    Good suggestion! I will update the TXT file to explain more clearly where the files should be placed. :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Uninstalled it in MPEM ok but still running in tray, right click and exit gone, but comes back again after a reboot. Unchecking the box in "Additional 3rd Party Checks" seems to be the only way of suppressing it
    I have never tried that MP extension, but I suspect that it enables the "Autostart MP tray" setting when the extension is installed, but fails to disable that setting when the extension is uninstalled. So when the system is rebooted, the built-in MP tray is autostarted, but that is the version that does not support the Ortek/Hama remote. :(

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So when the system is rebooted, the built-in MP tray is autostarted, but that is the version that does not support the Ortek/Hama remote. :(
    As of now following the uninstall the MP Tray, 004 it no longer seems to restart after reboot unless I manually toggle (from on to off to on, or from off to on, depending on the initial state) the checkbox in "Additional 3rd Part Checks" however it is definitely the 004 version cause the Ortek green button works as soon as it shows in the task bar icons. Not relevant, I think but FYI.:)

gpnash

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2015
    Linden, Michigan
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    lol... yep the mp tray 004 is a persistent bugger. I ended up just using the AHK script. I find other ways to use it to spiffy up other tasks.
    I just un-checked the box and then deleted every mptray.exe I could find.

Only had one problem since, put my computer to sleep and when it woke up there was no audio at all, not even from windows.
    Had to reinstall the NVIDIA HDMI audio driver to get it back.
    luckily I don't plan on that machine ever going to sleep again :)

Thanks again for all your help @joecrow and @CyberSimian You guys are the best.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    when it woke up there was no audio at all, not even from windows. Had to reinstall the NVIDIA HDMI audio driver to get it back.
    I occasionally have something similar happen. For some reason, the HDMI audio output becomes deactivated. The solution that works for me is:

(1) Start the "Nvidia Control Panel".
    (2) On "Set Up Digital Audio", select "Turn off audio" and click "Apply".
    (3) On the same panel, select your output device ("Sony TV" in my case) and click "Apply".

That re-enables the HDMI audio output. :)

gpnash

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2015
    Linden, Michigan
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That was my first go to and when it didn't work I started to panic and delete devices.
    I was hoping that when they were rediscovered things would be reset.
    unfortunately the Denon-AVR HDMI device was not rediscovered.
    Tried the shutdown/started and then the HDMI audio reinstall.
    That got scary because NVIDIA makes you reinstall the base display driver every time.
    In the end it worked. My solution... never sleep :) works for me works for my computer....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom