Audio Renderer Changer (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Nephilim: I have read, that MePo 1.60 will use .net 4.0 instead .net 3.5.
    Do you have plans to provide a MePo 1.60 compatible release of this plugin or will it work as it is?

Thx

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Normally all plugins need to be compiled against NET4.0 if it use dll from mepo (and i'm sure it does :)) like core.dll etc. :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will give you more information, some current plugins don't need to be rebuild against NET4 but some is a must.
    So it depend, best is to try :)

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    As the original author do not provide an updated version, and the one from @Nephilim only supports BASS player for music (thanks, but I need it not only for music), I had looked for a workaround that now it's working for me.

I found that exists a few Audio Switch programs, so after reading a little bit about them, I selected one of them and tried it: it works!

If someone wishes to try it, this is how I got it (I'm using Windows 7 64 bits):
    1. Go to AudioSwitch and download latest version (2.0 RC2 at the time of writing this) plus the patch at AudioSwitch patch.
    2. Unzip it and then unzip the AudioSwitch v2.0 RC2.zip. Forget the other files: AudioSwitchSetup.exe file is the installer (not really needed) and source.zip contains the source code.
    3. Copy the files AudioSwitch.exe and Settings.xml and folder Skins in any place in your hard drive. Replace the AudioSwitch.exe with the one from the patch.
    4. Run AudioSwitch.exe. A new icon will appear in the system tray. Left click it, and a selectable list of audio devices will appear. Press F1 key to get the configuration window.
    5. In the Hot Keys tab, select the desired hotkey for SwitchPlaybackDevice. I disabled all the others.
    6. In the Devices tab, do not hide any device because it sometimes make it crash you can hide and device you don't want to use. In the General tab you can select to show or not OSD, move it, define the timeout or change OSD skin. Do no touch anything else.
    7. Configure a button in your remote to the hotkey selected in step 5.
    8. Run MP.
    9. When you want to switch the audio device, press the hotkey: it will cycle through all the devices. Some tips: do not press hotkey very quickly (wait the OSD hides); in some cases, it refuses to change (just play some music or video and stop it, and retry); switch audio devices while no sound is being played (or else it would not change).
    10. If you are happy, make it runable at Windows start: put a shortcut to AudioSwitch.exe into Windows Start folder (in Windows menú).
    11. If you are unhappy, just remove the files copied in step 3.
    There are other similar programs out there, but I did not tried because this one worked for me. If you want to try, these are other programs:
    Hope this is usefull for people until we got a fully working new updated version of ARC.

Last edited:

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i want to test the ARC. I am running MePo 1.5.0 right now. i Need a Little Help using it with my MCE remote.
    On wich button did you configure it? At the Moment i use the ACTOIN_REMOTE_GREEN_BUTTON as it seems not to be in use anywhere
    in MePo but i am not sure. I have two other unused Buttons n the remote (# and *) but they cant be selected in ARC.
    Ist there any posibillity to add These Buttons to the list?

Thanks a lot!

Carsten[DOUBLEPOST=1384159400][/DOUBLEPOST]
    As the original author do not provide an updated version, and the one from @Nephilim only supports BASS player for music (thanks, but I need it not only for music), I had looked for a workaround that now it's working for me.

I found that exists a few Audio Switch programs, so after reading a little bit about them, I selected one of them and tried it: it works!

Hi Mr. Spock
    Do you use a MCE remote woth Mepo? If yes, how did you map the ShortCut to one of the Buttons?

Live Long and prosper! :)

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi,

I have a feature wish for this great plugin:
    Is it possible to have the option to directly switch to a specific audio source instead of toggle between them?
    I mean for example: push ctrl+shift+k = digital output; push ctrl+shift+j = analog output

This would be a huge advantage in my home automation system! :)

Thanks!
    Eggert

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to have the option to directly switch to a specific audio source instead of toggle between them?
    I mean for example: push ctrl+shift+k = digital output; push ctrl+shift+j = analog output

Hi,
    I did this with
    Audio Output Switcher: you can assign a hotkey per device.
    and first tests worked quite nice. I use it to switch from HDMI (TV) to analog (Headphones) and back again. This works also while TV is running and audio is played. Audio switches
    seamless. Only tested TV so far...

Greets

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi Dr. Zoidberg,

I can't get this tool to work wit MediaPortal. It switches the main audio device, works for example with Windows Media Player, but doesn't with MediaPortal. Is there a trick how to assign the switch to any program?
    Which sound device have you set int he MediaPortal Setup?

Thanks!
    Eggert

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom