Audio Renderer Changer (1 Viewer)

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a trick how to assign the switch to any program?
    Which sound device have you set int he MediaPortal Setup?
    Hi Eggert,
    it worked out of the box for me. I guess it is more a setting of MP than this tool. I have MP set to use Default Direct Sound Device and use LAV codec without bitstreaming and downmix to stereo (maybe this is relevant to?).

Good Luck!

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Dr. Zoidberg,

I can't get this tool to work wit MediaPortal. It switches the main audio device, works for example with Windows Media Player, but doesn't with MediaPortal. Is there a trick how to assign the switch to any program?
    Which sound device have you set int he MediaPortal Setup?

Thanks!
    Eggert

Hi,
    i just kicked ARC off of my System since it did not work properly.
    Additionaly i ripped out my AddOn SoundCard with S/P-DIF and kicked my defective A/V Receiver in the TrashCan.
    I'll have to save some bucks now until i can afford a new A/V receiver with HDMI in. Then i will make this default
    so i dont need ARC.

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Aaah, now it works with the same config I had before.... I should have restarted the system earlier. :)
    I like the switch being without a little break.
    But - did you manage to have analog stereo and digital pass-through with dolby 5.1? I only got PCM stereo with the digital output.

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    I just figuered out that I have to restart the TV for getting DD5.1 when switching from analog stereo. Vice versa the sound gets stuck when changing from DD5.1 to analog stereo. Both are kill criterias for me so I'll switch back to ARC at the moment.

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Mr. Spock
    Do you use a MCE remote woth Mepo? If yes, how did you map the ShortCut to one of the Buttons?

No, sorry, I am using an Imon remote. No idea how to do that with a MCE remote.

[DOUBLEPOST=1386360633][/DOUBLEPOST]
    6. In the Devices tab, do not hide any device because it sometimes make it crash.

Developers have just solved that issue: now, you can hide any non-desired device, so you will only cycle throught the devices you wish.

Just download the new .exe file from AudioSwitch patch, and replace the original audioswitch.exe file with the new one in your installation.

Last edited:

sover

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi.
    Is the new 1.6 compatible version of plug-in available?
    Maybe someone can fix it to work with latest MP?

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I uploaded the new Version for MediaPortal 1.6 in the plugin download site!

Please download and report if it's working even with MP 1.6!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom