Audio sync problems on LAV filters (1 Viewer)

mrstef

Portal Pro
March 15, 2007
Sweden Sweden
Yeah I realize that making a solution that works in all cases with all different renderers could be challenging. :)

For me, if I could just set different audio delays (in ms) per frame rate row in the Dynamic Refresh Rate settings dialog, and just have the code that does the refresh rate change also update the current audio delay of LAV audio filter whenever a refresh rate occurs, that would be absolutely awesome! (y) Something like this mockup:

MediaPortalDynamicAudioDelayMockupSmall.png

Just as inspiration, I attached my old patch I used back in 2014 when I had this working automatically. It is very crude, it hard codes stuff directly in the code (instead of using a nice table like the mockup above), makes ugly hacks to get the _graphbuilder object and no longer applies to the current code base, but it worked fine for me for several years. :) You do not need the LAVFilters.cs it creates (I think I found most of that file from some other project which I can not remember), cause I guess you already have that part since you can adjust the audio delay of LAV audio filter manually now. Main code is in g_player.cs.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    France France
    Country flag
    Hi :)
    The patch did apply on the current version, maybe you can do the rework and then if all is working we can include it in the next MP version?
    Can you post also the change done for MP config?

Edit : Ok hardcoded value :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Glith Audio out of sync after pause. Rewind 15sec gets it into sync again. MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    B PC not waking from sleep and TV (only) audio out of sync with new TCL 4K TV Watch / Listen Media 5
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    W [solved] Incorrect audio being reported Moving Pictures 4
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    ninja 12 Audio dropouts with Dolby / DTS watch/edit Videos 12
    bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
    T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    S Remote button to change audio and subtitle on / off General 10
    F Audio render and font error in my logs General Support 2
    R [solved] Command / Shortcut for changing subtitles or audio Archive 5
    K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
    C ARC Audio Renderer Changer: wo kann man es konfigurieren? Video & DVD 15
    joecrow No Audio after MP Start/Resume from Sleep General Support 0
    C Ability to browse videos and audio by folder General 2
    Lichloathe Offline audio content General 9
    G How best to get cover art for tracks to show up on the Audio Menu (Latest Added, Unplayed)? General 9
    Ralph Holmes Wrong audio source in TV General 1
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Audio description MediaPortal 1 10
    ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
    cladinshadows85 [solved] Audio playing mutiple times over video and crashing General 8
    H Live TV info OSD not displaying number of audio channels General Support 3
    T Moving Pictures...seem to have 'lost' ability to display Movie info. (eg Resolution/Audio) Moving Pictures 2
    N [fixed] [MP2-786] Cannot play audio playlist with >=1000 entries 2.2 Archive 36