Audio sync problems when screen set to 24 Hz (2 Viewers)

Golfimbul

Portal Member
June 24, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'm using MPAR but I have bitstreaming options all set (as I just love to see my amp light up with DTS-HD Master or Dolby TrueHD symbols).

Hello.

I agree, seeing the AVR show the symbols is cool! Have you tried following this guide though: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/guide-perfect-playback-display-calibration.119610/ to the letter?

Emph

I'm keen to get it working WITH bitstreaming so I'm trying to avoid the MPAR setup until I've exhausted all options. Excitingly though, this morning I tried setting the background windows/NVIDIA desktop refresh rate to 23hz. MediaPortal is set to 50hz as the default but has Dynamic Refresh Rate changer on. So the desktop runs at 23.97hz, mediaportal menus run at 50hz and movies automatically change to their native FPS (mostly ripped blurays so 23.976).

And I couldn't detect any sync issues this morning after 20 minutes of watching a ripped bluray! Hopefully this is the fix for me! Certainly it wasn't worsening like it had been previously.

Hopefully this will work for someone else (though I haven't fully tested it out yet. I'll watch a full movie tonight and report back!)

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You can also try setting 59hz for 23.976fps material and let the NVIDIA card to a 3:2 pulldown (in the NVIDIA control panel). Isn't MediaPortal's GUI choppy at 23hz for just browsing media or whatever? I have my desktop set to 60hz and use 59hz for

Emph

Golfimbul

Portal Member
    June 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No, the mediaportal GUI runs at 50hz! The desktop runs at 23.97hz (I never use the desktop aside from occasional configuration tinkering so I don't care about that) and when I load mediaportal it sets itself to the default refresh rate of 50hz.

Golfimbul

Portal Member
    June 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    To feedback, it was fine tonight with an hour of makemkv bluray rips, normal TV and 480p mkv TV shows (stereo I think)

I think the desktop setting change has fixed what ails my system

So once again, MediaPortal is completely and utterly perfect for my usage.

Brilliant work fellas. Just brilliant!

What a great marriage between a glorious new 65 inch plasma, a 6 month old 7.1 speaker system and my revitalised HTPC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom