aussie having problems with guide and channels (1 Viewer)

mhz

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
Australia
hey there, i recently started using the TUGG EPG grabber after getting it off one of the members here
Seems to work great however when i go to view my guide there are a lot of channels without any listings, however some do have listings.

In the settings for MP i have the following channels listed under "TV Channels":
7 HD Digital
7 Guide
Nine Digital
Nine Digital HD
Nine Guide
Ten Guide
ABC HDTV
ABC TV Melbourne
ABC TV
SBS Digital 1
SBS Digital 2
SBS EPG

Now i know some of you will be asking why all the different variations of the one channel, and why the guide channels. Well i found that ABC and SBS sometimes have different programs shown on their different digital channels, not sure if anyone else gets this too. Not sure why i have he guide channels. i spose i could get rid of these.

Anyway when i click on one of the programs listed in my guide and click "view channel" the screen goes black as if searching for the channel, and then does nothing.
Am i doing something wrong here?
If i wanted to keep all of the channels i have listed above is there a way to somehow map the program guide to those channels?

Many thanks
Matt

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Matt,

mhz said:
    Well i found that ABC and SBS sometimes have different programs shown on their different digital channels, not sure if anyone else gets this too.
    I think this only occurs with the ABC channels where you have ABC and ABC2 with different programs, and SBS with their separate NEWS channel (in all sorts of foreign languages !). MediaPortal maps the EPG data to the channel via the name - so to get ABC2 to display in your EPG, you need to have an entry in the TVguide.xml file with the same channel name "ABC2". You need to do this for all the channels that you want to appear in the EPG.

Any channels that you don't want to appear in the EPG (Seven Guide, for example) you just need to remove the green tick from the Channel setup in MP Configuration.

mhz said:
    Anyway when i click on one of the programs listed in my guide and click "view channel" the screen goes black as if searching for the channel, and then does nothing.
    This sounds like a different problem than above? Could you be more specific - does it happen for all channels, or just a few? Can you view those channels by selecting them in the My TV home screen, or by using F7 and F8 to step through the channels?

mhz

Portal Member
    June 27, 2005
    Australia
    could someone possibly send me a copy of their config file for tugg and some screenshots of how they have configure their channels in MP

(preferably someone who has theirs setup for melbourne)

Cheers

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    You need to go into the tvguide.xml produced by TUGG and then change the names in the MP setup to match them exactly. Then the channels will line up correctly. As for the extra channels, most people just delete them as they are just the samething broadcast like 4 times.

SSSputnik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2005
    Callifo said:
    You need to go into the tvguide.xml produced by TUGG and then change the names in the MP setup to match them exactly. Then the channels will line up correctly. As for the extra channels, most people just delete them as they are just the samething broadcast like 4 times.

No you need to edit the TUGG config to rename the channels on the fly when it runs. It is documented in the config file (scroll down).

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    For me, TUGG works fine for renaming channels but not for copying them (using the channeldd command). This is because this command just creates a new entry with the same channel id but a different display name. I don't think MediaPortal supports grabbing channel information like this (as I could never get the cloned channels to show up using commands like:
    channeladd
    TEN
    TEN HD)

Also: the external xmltv reader I have chokes on this configuration as well. I talked with the creator of TUGG and he said he will look into changing TUGG so it duplicates guide information for any channels added using channeladd.

I don't know if this is the trouble you are having, trying to get guide data copied using channeladd, but if you are then you will have to wait for a TUGG update (or a MediaPortal update to clone information with the same channel id but different display name, but considering this doesn't seem to be xmltv compatible, I think a TUGG update is best.

SSSputnik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2005
    My TUGG.INI file for Perth, Western Australia.

This works perfectly for me:
    (File starts below dotted line)
    --------------------
    service=101
    timezone=+0000
    grabdays=6
    rating=ABA
    tempdir=C:\tempdir\
    xmldir=C:\xmltv\
    txtdir=C:\xmltv\
    xmlname=tvguide.xml
    txtname=tvguide.txt

skip=Access 31

channelswap
    SBS News
    SBS DIGITAL 2
    channelswap
    SBS WA
    SBS DIGITAL 1
    channelswap
    ABC WA
    ABC TV Perth
    channelswap
    Channel Seven Perth
    7 Digital
    channelswap
    Channel Nine Perth
    Nine Digital
    channelswap
    Network TEN Perth
    TEN Digital

END

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    The problem about added channels not showing up in the guide has been solved.

The channeladd command in TUGG only adds a reference to a a channel but does not map any programs to it.

A new version of TUGG is available with a more advance command "channeldupe" which will add not only an extra channel but also duplicate the appropriate guide data and map it the that channel.

PM me if you want an advance copy....it is currently in testing before release.

sadie

Portal Member
    January 23, 2005
    Australia
    okay guys i got a problem along these lines, I have successfully created an TVGuide.xml file, with the correct channel names etc, put it in the c:\program files\team-mediaportal\xmltv folder, in MP I have gone to the tv guide pressed F3 selected import tv guide, and my TV guide is still blank, except for what the DVB-EPG grabs.

help please. my epg worked back in the days of 0.1.0.9, and i thought that upgrading to rc3 would help fix this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom