Australian EPG and Recording questions. (1 Viewer)

Paul Phillips

Portal Member
June 18, 2006
From what ive been reading Dugg is not working. IS their another way to get EPG data, reliable data with program discription rateing ect. I would just download a few days in advance or one day to insure MP records the right program. Program changes can happen :)

Also was wondering about HD recording. Can MP record HD programs. If so what recording options would i use. I only ask this as when Australai has realy HD i would realy love to recordin HD. As i have a REAL HD crt 720p/1080i HD TV. And the HD stuff i downloads looks AWSOME. Nothing on Aussie TV is realy HD. Well not in Sydney anways. They downscle it and butcher it or do onther horrible things to it.

Channel 7. 576p aint HD you dodo's. The rest of the Networks aint much better.

Thanks all.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    JavaXMLTV3 was also still working fine. Grabs the same place DUGG does but the descriptions are a lot smaller. The link is at the end of the DUGG thread.

Paul Phillips

Portal Member
    June 18, 2006
    I realy need some help in getting an EPG for Auastralia working. I know its easy for you guys but ive never done this before.

What do i need to backup so if i do screw it up i can fix it :)

Also i need some easy to follow steps if thats not to much for you nice nice people :)

Thanks for any help.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    If you use the C#XMLTV replacement, its working again. Grabs from same place that DUGG uses but it doesnt grab the extra PID pages, so its doesnt have long desriptions (short ones, 8 words) and genre info.

Basically you download it, put it somewhere, edit the config.xml file. You have to enter your location and the output directory, thats about it.

It would be great to get DUGG back, perhaps if angusmann asked the C#XMLTV author for the method used to decrypt ninemsn pages it would be back online again.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    NickName said:
    Dugg is working again (as of yesterday the 29th).

Err it is? Getting the latest from the DUGG homepage still isnt work here. And today it seems Ninemsn have changed the dateformatting using what looks like hex :x So the other C# grabber has gone broke

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Callifo said:
    NickName said:
    Dugg is working again (as of yesterday the 29th).

Err it is? Getting the latest from the DUGG homepage still isnt work here. And today it seems Ninemsn have changed the dateformatting using what looks like hex :x So the other C# grabber has gone broke

Yep sure is. I recieved an email from the developer last night that version 3 is up and running.
    If there is a date change today, then maybe it's broken as of today but the new version was working yesterday. I can't confirm if it still works today until I get home later.
    FYI. I put an 'Get Aussie EPG' VBS script in the plugins the other day that grabs and formats data from another 2 sources (1 plus mirror site).
    I am thinking of putting DUGG in the same VBS script and if DUGG breaks then the script automatically grabs from the 2nd or 3rd sources. :lol:
    P.S. I have updated the script to remove the stupid 8.3 pathname (16 bit) dependency. I'll be uploading it tonight so hold off downloading the current version.
    P.P.S My first post should have read "Dugg is working again (as of yesterday the 28th).". Sorry, my bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom