Australian EPG and Recording questions. (2 Viewers)

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
dugg is working. Download the latest (3.3) from :
http://dugg.ueuo.com/files/dugg.zip

Read the instructions.txt file within for detailed instructions.

Significant changes are :

It can now decode the encrypted URLS and web pages.

The one program now can output for MediaPortal or Media Center.
You need to specifiy which one to output for in the ini file.

The program now can auto-update. When a new version becomes available it is detected and installed automatically.
You need to put an entry in the ini file to activate this feature.

The current version does not have FTP ability. This is coming soon.

DoodFish

Portal Member
July 14, 2006
I tried this but the program always stops at where it says something like:

Data is faulty, try grabbing.

And it just cannot be closed even with the Task Manager, I have to reboot to get rid of it.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Yes, if you took around at other DUGG topics you would find that the data source has been modified again. DUGG should be fixed soon.

I have no problem killing it in the task manager. I just end the dugg.exe process in the process tab.

FReT

Portal Member
September 28, 2005
I've just setup the oztivo option with WebEPG after all others seemed to have failed. It's working great for me ATM (after some configuration), also has full descriptions. Hopefully it is reliable, see how it goes.

duckwing06

Portal Member
July 30, 2006
hey guys i think ive got my webepg.xml file all set up correctly including the oztivo part but i still cant seem to get any sort of EPG information. can anyone offer any suggestions as to whats going wrong. in the log it doesnt seem to try to access the oztivo information at all just says no listing found for all the channels

FReT

Portal Member
September 28, 2005
The main things you need (without going into too much detail) are:

1. Register an account on oztivo, goto user preferences, select your channels and set the TV guide format to XML.

2. setup your channels to point to minnie.ths.org (oztivo) in webepg-conf.exe .

3. Add the login and password info into your webepg.xml file as described in the link earlier in the thread.

Note when you run the webepg channel config it will overwrite the webepg.xml file, so make sure you do step 3 last.

Hope this helps...

duckwing06

Portal Member
July 30, 2006
ahhhhhh. thanks for that my problem was i wasnt point each channel to that website. ill try it tomorrow

for now im using ICETV guide www.icetv.com.au there offering a free 14 day trial atm. took like 2 min to set up

btw if anyone in perth is interested id be happy to look into a way of sharing a subscription with a couple other people. save some money together

squidina

Portal Member
August 5, 2005
duckwing06 said:
btw if anyone in perth is interested id be happy to look into a way of sharing a subscription with a couple other people. save some money together

While a noble sentiment, you should probably check their T&C to make sure you can do this. I took a troll through them a while back and I'm pretty sure there was something in there about "not distributing" the data.

I'm not a lawyer though, so I'm happy to be corrected, just thought you should be aware before offering this sort of thing! :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom