Auto-updating TV Logos (1 Viewer)

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
October 25, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Happy new year to all MP people!

Is there a way to turn off the new auto-update of logos?

I have all my own logos, all up to date and just how i want them, but every couple of weeks MP decides to overwrite them all, and it takes many attempts to replace them again as it just keeps downloading the stock ones.

I have tried setting the logod to 'read only' but then MP doesnt seem to see my logos at all :(

Help!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Happy new year to you as well :)

You should be able to achieve this by a few manual steps:
    • Copy the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\Designs\Flat-default.logotheme" into a new "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\Designs\Flat-local.logotheme" (or similar, just keep the "Flat-" prefix!)
    • Open the Flat-local.logotheme in text editor. Change the theme name and add a "SkipOnlineUpdate" line:
    XML:
      <ThemeName>Local</ThemeName>
      <SkipOnlineUpdate>true</SkipOnlineUpdate>
    • Save the file
    • Restart MP2-Server + MP2-Client
    • Goto settings -> TV -> Logo style and select the new "Flat-Local" theme.
    Because having a copy of style now, this theme will be kept also when updates are installed. I hope this solves your issue :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I checked the current code base and found that the new "SkipOnlineUpdate" is not yet considered in code. I now have added the check logic and created a patch.
    You can extract this file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources folder (stop MP2-Server before).

Attachments

• 2018-01-01-SlimTv.Resources.FixSkipOnlineUpdate.zip
      3.7 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    have all my own logos, all up to date and just how i want them, but every couple of weeks MP decides to overwrite them all
    As you know, logos are stored in a central repo. If you believe those are in error, you may either upload suggestions online (see Update Logos) or post them in a logo thread for me to take a look at. I may then decide to upload them myself into the repository.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd suggest that we add a configuration option for blocking the automatic updates.
    The intention is not to have a global option, but to allow a theme to decide if it should get updated or not. This way you can have both: either use the supplied themes that do auto-update or use a customized theme that never updates. And you can switch between them from settings.

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    As you know, logos are stored in a central repo. If you believe those are in error, you may either upload suggestions online (see Update Logos) or post them in a logo thread for me to take a look at. I may then decide to upload them myself into the repository.

I didn't really know this, I've always provided my own logos (I have OCD and everything has to be correct!) so have never really looked into the supplied logos.

I have attached a file of all the UK TV logos I use for various things, the ones i use for MP scale well into the GUI and so should be ok. The logos are the current ones for all the channels. Some are not perfect (mainly the recent Sky updates) as there are not yet high quality versions of these online to adapt. Feel free to use any logos here to update the repo - though they may not fit in well as the repo logos seem to have an outline around the logo (I guess to make them appear well with any background) and mine are the pure logos.

Thanks

Anthony

Attachments

• UK Logos.zip
      4 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom