Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (5 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow as promised here is a video how it works for me on my sony and my sequences settings stuff i use and also the ones i use for 2d desktop^^
    little video description: first three minutes everything played individually with stop at the end, then without stop directly from 3dtab to 3dsbs.. and at the end (~5 min) a 3dmvc for comparison

Attachments

• auto3d-settings-sony_htpc.zip
      392.8 KB
    • auto3d-settings-no-dev-2d_desktop.zip
      157.8 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @fischy667 Hi again
    Screenshot a3d1 shows the setup that works for my TV, you need to make sure to use the correct IP for the TV 0.0.-- did not work for me, make sure the TV is shown on your network and right click on the icon go to properties and the current IP should be shown.
    Screenshots a3d2&3 show the command sequence to switch the TV to 3D SBS on my TV (it is long hence the 2 pics. Some of the "Delay" commands may be redundant but they were definitely required in some places or a step would be missed. It may be possible to use the "Adjust" command to reduce the sequence, I do not have this on my remote although it did work, but in the end it was just easier to enter the command sequence as I would press the buttons on the remote to change the setting without using the 3D button its a shame the jointSpace v1 does not support it.:mad:
    If the sequence works for you I can post the 3D to 2D SBS sequence if you need it.
    a3d1.jpg a32d2.jpg a32d3.jpg

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @fischy667 Hi again
    Screenshot a3d1 shows the setup that works for my TV, you need to make sure to use the correct IP for the TV 0.0.-- did not work for me, make sure the TV is shown on your network and right click on the icon go to properties and the current IP should be shown.
    Screenshots a3d2&3 show the command sequence to switch the TV to 3D SBS on my TV (it is long hence the 2 pics. Some of the "Delay" commands may be redundant but they were definitely required in some places or a step would be missed. It may be possible to use the "Adjust" command to reduce the sequence, I do not have this on my remote although it did work, but in the end it was just easier to enter the command sequence as I would press the buttons on the remote to change the setting without using the 3D button its a shame the jointSpace v1 does not support it.:mad:
    If the sequence works for you I can post the 3D to 2D SBS sequence if you need it.
    View attachment 195693 View attachment 195694 View attachment 195695
    It looks like your settings menu are different than mine.
    Can you please post pictures of your tv settings structure.
    Maybe you have more options the 3D configuration menu.
    1a1f8015b265ae36ec78da304003ebdb.jpg

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are sending home >left>left>ok, which menu are you entering? It looks like your settings menu are different than mine.
    For me the home>left>left>ok>down>ok will get me to TV Settings, down>right gets me to 3D Settings, right>down>down>ok selects SBS.:p
    Sorry the settings display is only on the TV screen so its not possible to do a screen shot.;)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me the home>left>left>ok>down>ok will get me to TV Settings, down>right gets me to 3D Settings, right>down>down>ok selects SBS.:p
    Ok, I don't have the possibility to select a 3D mode in the TV settings. So I have to do it manually. :|

Sorry the settings display is only on the TV screen so its not possible to do a screen shot.;)

Make a picture with a smartphone or a camera.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks like your settings menu are different than mine.
    Maybe you have more options the 3D configuration menu.
    Yes it does look a bit different different although I only see a 3rd option under 3D if the TV is already switched to some form of 3D (make sure you are in 2D mode before looking at that menu) also I have the same options as you under the "Switch to 3D" menu but that is not where you find the settings. Just one last suggestion do a command sequence with just the "Adjust" button then see if that gets you somewhere where you can navigate with the remote to a more comprehensive 3D settings menu,
    20180121_144010.jpg

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes it does look a bit different different although I only see a 3rd option under 3D if the TV is already switched to some form of 3D (make sure you are in 2D mode before looking at that menu) also I have the same options as you under the "Switch to 3D" menu but that is not where you find the settings. Just one last suggestion do a command sequence with just the "Adjust" button then see if that gets you somewhere where you can navigate with the remote to a more comprehensive 3D settings menu,View attachment 195703
    The first option '3D death' is grey, so it is not active. It is only active, when the TV is in 3D mode.

As you see, I don't have '3D Setting'.

Adjust does not do anything for me.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As you see, I don't have '3D Setting'.
    Strange, do you get a full list of the options when you hit the 3D button on the remote? For me the 3D button brings up a copy of everything in the settings menu.
    Any clues as to a posibility to reach the 3D settings without the remote button in the TV manuel or in the Philips forum?

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange, do you get a full list of the options when you hit the 3D button on the remote?

Yes I do.

Any clues as to a posibility to reach the 3D settings without the remote button in the TV manuel or in the Philips forum?

No, it seems there is no other way.

7550f53f4966c2761086aa273992e0ef.jpg

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Auto3D plugin appears to be incompatible with MediaPortal 1.23. I get black screen playing back any videos when this plugin is enabled. Can you fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom