Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (2 Viewers)

radical

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
I know It's a big request, but support for Pansonic Viera Smart TV's would be also nice.
I would be available for testing. :D

sunfire7

Portal Pro
March 24, 2011
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
Ok:

* 3D GUI works almost perfect, time bar and top bar is no longer messed, pressing back to show the main mepo GUI is also good.

*mini display view when in main mepo GUI is not showing correctly ( I use streamedmp)

* tested with my Samsung tv, after messing with the settings It kinda works (but I only use 2D and SBS, not tested with other formats) Settings I use in attached screenshots

I can't thank you enough for this plugin!

Unrelated: my subtitles are no longer 3D (I made them with 3d subtitler). A simple Srt works but lacks the out of the screen effect and it messed with other out of the screen effects) any tip on how to make them work again? Thx

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    104.4 KB
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    106 KB
Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @radical
    I have no access to the SDK for the Panasonic Viera. If you want to have developer access you have to pay an anual fee :(.
    Maybe somebody in the Forum who knows how to access the Panasonic Viera could provide me some hints or code examples?

@sunfire7
    That's good news. :)

I've seen that your 2D script just contains the REMOCON_3D command. Is this enough to switch back to 2D?
    The second script to switch to SBS contains :

REMOCON_3D
    REMOCON_ENTER
    REMOCON_RETURN
    REMOCON_ENTER.

Is this necessary to get rid of the menu?
    Or would something shorter work:

REMOCON_3D
    REMOCON_ENTER or REMOCON_RETURN?

Im asking because I want to provide clean and working scripts for other users. Would be great if you could help me to provide a clean script for your TV model. I think supporing just 2D and 3D SBS is enough for most users. I provide the other modes if sombody has films in rare formats.

Concerning the subtitle, I think that my plugin does not take into account subtitles and therefore might render them unreadable.
    But I think I can fix this in the next time. Could you provide me a screenshot how it looks at the moment?

Last edited:

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    @sunfire7
    That's good news. :)

I've seen that your 2D script just contains the REMOCON_3D command. Is this enough to switch back to 2D?
    Yes, this works flawless, but again I only tested between sbs and 2D and viceversa

The second script to switch to SBS contains :

REMOCON_3D
    REMOCON_ENTER
    REMOCON_RETURN
    REMOCON_ENTER.

Is this necessary to get rid of the menu?
    Or would something shorter work:

REMOCON_3D
    REMOCON_ENTER or REMOCON_RETURN?

I first tried the first 2 commands as you suggest but not always worked, a timing thing I guess, with the added return and enter command it works ok[DOUBLEPOST=1361313606][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @radical

Concerning the subtitle, I think that my plugin does not take into account subtitles and therefore might render them unreadable.
    But I think I can fix this in the next time. Could you provide me a screenshot how it looks at the moment?

3D Subtitler makes a .sub .idx and .xml, of an SRT sub to be able to view in 3D. You can choose the deep of the subtitle, this is nice because you can set the sub to be out of the screen and not messing with the 3D effects.

When Playing a video in 2D mode with the subtitles made with 3D subtitler, it looks like the attached picture.
    gom-player-3d-subtitles-sbs.jpg

The screenshot is not mine (because I'm not home at the moment) but I think it will explain the issue

Switching to 3D SBS make the subtitles blend into 3D as well with the video.

Now the issue is when I play a 3D movie, the movie is in 3D, but subtitles are like if you were in 2D.. not blending

Maybe I can provide the subs for a popular sbs movie we both have, for you to test them

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    wow - this is realy something :) and if you could add LG ... what code are you looking for for the switching stuff?

Also - a general question: as you manipulate the source - are you able to display also onl yone image instead the 3D one - so for example only the left one? Simple reason - sometimes wathing a 3D movie only in 2D would also be an nice feature.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @pur_berger: I'm looking for examples how the access the remote API from the TVs. For Philips I had the jointspace stuff I could code against. For Samsung I use a (reverse engineered) c# interface, because the original one was written for .net 4.0 - I ported it back to .net 3.5, because it is not possible to call a .net 4 dll from .net 3.5, the other way round works. As the original file was not obfuscated it was easy to decompile it with Reflector.

The simplest solution is always to simulate remote commands. If your LG has an API that simulates the commands of your remote, I could easily integrate it.
    To your general question: The backdraft of only watching one image would be, that it has only the half resolution. I could ad such a feature in one of the next versions.

@tourettes: It's possible that I did a diff in the wrong direction. I will check this in the evening when I'm, at home again. Thank you for your hint.
    Edit: I checked it in the lunch break. You were right, the patches for 1.3RC where reverse. The patches for 1.2.3 were correct.

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I checked out the LG SDK today. Contrary to Panasonic, it's free. They use UPnP for controling the device. For basic LG support I would have to implement the SSDP protocol stuff and a rudimentary UPnP Controller for sending commands. It looks like their simulators do not cover the UPnP part of the devices. I hate this half ready simulators. Perhaps I give it a try ...

Last edited:

daimian

Portal Member
    September 11, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Going to give this plugin a go tonight. Will provide feedback (LG TV here)

Very glad your working on this! If you take donations let me know :)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you try to send an SSDP broadcast in the following format:

Code:
    "M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1\r\n"
    "MX: 10\r\n"
    "ST: urn:schemas-udap:service:netrcu:1\r\n"
    "HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900\r\n"
    "MAN: \"ssdp:discover\"\r\n\r\n"

Take a look at the SSDP reply. In the "netcru" service there should be a command "HandleKeyInput"
    If this works as described it could be possible to write a plugin for LG TVs

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <envelope>
       <api type="command">[/INDENT]
    	  <name>HandleKeyInput</name>[/INDENT]
    	  <value>Value key code of remote Controller</value>[/INDENT]
       </api>[/INDENT]
    </envelope>

Could you check this? Let me know if I should provide some test code.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom