Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (4 Viewers)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your feedback. I will fix this as soon as possible. Currently I do some refactoring of the code to be able to integrate the different devices as subplugins, which makes it easier to integrate new devices. I will upload a fixed version in the next days.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Marcus Venturi, really good work (y). You know I'm following your progress with interest :)

Did you take a look at the MP2 implementation already? It would be good to reuse your device handling in MP2 later, if you agree. And I'm always looking for new MP2 developers ;)

IQ160

Portal Member
    March 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've managed away around to start 3d automatic, i've changed settings on my panasonic tv to 3d detect advanced. But now i've got problem with the osd from auto3d, it won't start the osd anymore i'm forced to use keyboard to press ctrl + r. I'm not able to set this mapping to my remote is it possible to remap to an alternative key maybe one of the numpad keys http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.keys(v=vs.71).aspx

Also I was wondering why you don't let the plugin directly talk to the videocard as an option, I use an lowprofile gt530 with NVIDIA Vision. Other programs like Powerdvd or Totalmediatheatre also use the graphic card to passthrough 3D signal to the TV to set it in 3D, It will solve a lot off issues.
    For most people with 3d capable cards like nvdia cards (above gt430) and ATI cards (above 6700) it will be a good solution.

I hope this helps a bit.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Always show selection menu" does not work?

As far as I know, all existing cards do not support HDMI-CEC to switch a TV into 3D mode. This is the reason why devices like the PulseEight CEC adapter where developed. There might be some TVs that switch to 3D automatically by analysing the content.

Does anybody know how PowerDVD or Totalmediatheatre do 3D switching?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I believe IQ is talking about Frame Packing which is how Blu-ray movies are stored on the disc (1920 x 2205). To have the display detect frame packing and automatically change to 3D mode you can only use PowerDVD, TotalMedia Theatre or WinDVD, HDMI 1.4, fullscreen and on the primary monitor. MediaPortal cannot support this solution yet because a new video renderer needs to be developed.

Frame packing cannot be used with .mkv Side-by-Side or Top-Bottom files which is why the Auto3D plugin is so nice (y)

IQ160

Portal Member
    March 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just tested powerdvd (with advanced option off) and it switches to 3D mode, inside powerdvd there is the option to set for "NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready Monitor".
    It seems the use an api to set NVIDIA Vision, if I turnoff 3d in NVIDIA settings it won't work, so the card is defently sending signal through HDMI to the TV to switch to 3D. I can't test ATI card I don't own any.
    I'm downloading NVIDIA SDK (it' s free) to look into it.

About the OSD not coming up, it seems that if i stop a 3D movie, the plugin crashes it won't come up anymore I have to restart mepo then it works again.
    Would at be to difficult to remap the key for the OSD to an other key to use for a remote.

Another thing that came to mind, is an option to switch automaticaly to 3D gui when containers match discription.

This plugin could be the future for 3D inside mepo, I have been switching around between players to watch 3D content wich is very anoying.
    This is the first plugin with good potancy for 3D.[DOUBLEPOST=1362221051][/DOUBLEPOST]@vuego You are right about frame packing the use it for full HD 3D, that is the reason I use Totalmedia as external player for BDMV like Avatar full HD 3D.
    But the nice thing about this plugin it don't have to detect frames, it search for specific rules in containers.
    In other words, we have to find a way to talk to the api when 3D content is found.

Mickey2Eyes

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    first of all I want to say, great plugin and a big improvement for watching 3D Movies with MP.
    I was just wondering if there is a problem with top botom material. I tested with SBS material and everything seems fine while using the Auto3D Plugin. While using TAB material and the Auto3D plugin it seems that the Top half is displayed twice, so there is no 3D effect. Is that possible or is it my error? When I play the TAB movie with disabled Auto3D plugin the 3D effect is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom