Automated Artist / Album Scraping (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And artists with "The" in the name isn't working.

Emph
    My experience is exactly the same as with HTPC_Sourcer. If i do a manual search of the artist in the music section, it searches and finds the information of that specific artist. That's great. It adds the information to the database aswell. Now if i play a song from that artist, this information shows up at the 'now playing' screen.

But if i do not search manually it stays empty for ever. Same goes for the album information.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Indeed. I installed the updated files yesterday and MP was then automatically pulling Artist information. Not sure about automatic Album data though. It didn't look as these were pulled by the System since the respective fields stayed empty

Also all information is in English. While not being a problem for me, I wonder if there are other data sources that would reflect the specific system language. For example movie database IMDB is available in various languages and plugins like MovingPictures would use the system language when pulling data. Don't know about the underlying Music source though.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Adding to my posting above:
    - Both album and artist information is automatically pulled (y)
    - No data is found for artist names such as "Calling, The"
    - Some artists are not found, e.g. Bryan Adams

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Automatic artist data not retrieved if name is not unique in online database, e.g. Train

Train - pop/rock
    Train - electronic

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom