Automated Artist / Album Scraping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

styrsven

Portal Pro
January 6, 2013
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
About two days ago, this plugin suddenly stopped finding data. I was in the process of ripping my CD collection, so I noticed a very sudden stop in the info detection. And these are groups/albums that I very easily can find manually on allmusic.com, e.g. Rush, Rainbow, Pere Ubu.
I looked in the code, and my guess is that allmusic.com changed their webpage so the scrobbling function doesn't find the data anymore. In that case, the problem is not in the plugin, but in the MP function called by the plugin. Am I correct?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I looked in the code, and my guess is that allmusic.com changed their webpage so the scrobbling function doesn't find the data anymore. In that case, the problem is not in the plugin, but in the MP function called by the plugin. Am I correct?

Yep just been to the website and it has completely changed so the scraping will not work (not in MP or this plugin)

Looking for some input
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/artist-bios.120511

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Attached is a test version which should basically work as before.
    It will need a slightly modified version of MP (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/update-allmusic-com-scraper.120812/) and it hopefully should provide better matches (but this means it will take longer to scan)

This also will list artists / album artists / albums with missing thumbs (there is no functionality here yet only a list)

Attachments

• MusicInfoHandler.zip
      31.4 KB

lang

Portal Member
    December 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Halo,
    in my MP1.4 plugin MusicInfoHandler dont download and show any information about artist and album.
    where is problem?
    thank you for any advice.

alex

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Halo,
    in my MP1.4 plugin MusicInfoHandler dont download and show any information about artist and album.
    where is problem?
    thank you for any advice.

alex
    See the two posts above yours...

lang

Portal Member
    December 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hallo,
    I test version one post above mine. I copy Your test version and run MP. If MP starting I see Error notification, I close this notification, MP run and MusicInfoHandler not show information. Its now some function version for artist/album infos? Link upper this page?

Thanx

Alex

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom