Automated Artist / Album Scraping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Help Wanted
    OK I have some stuff I am working on in this area and need some people to help do some experimentation.

I need people who
    • Are running MP 1.4
    • Have a music collection that is
      • a reasonable size (200+ artists / 400+ albums type area)
      • have it tagged pretty well
      • Have music that other people may have heard of (I don't want people who only listen to bands from small villages in Kazakhstan but mildly obscure stuff is OK)
    • Are mildly technical and can do some digging themselves
    • Don't mind trying some experimental ideas with the view that they may need to keep backups of their music data to go back to
    but most importantly I want people who have enthusiasm to improve this and MP and time to help out.

If anyone does want to help can they drop me a PM?

I can help a bit. I have about 50000 music files. I think about 90% is tagged correctly. But I am only very mildy technical :)

Last edited:

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I'm a little confused. Is not it so that the thumbs are loaded already from the fanart handler plugin down. Then why to use a new plugin?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I din't find in code any mention of splitting artist name by words presenting, pres., featuring, feat. Is it possible to add?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I din't find in code any mention of splitting artist name by words presenting, pres., featuring, feat. Is it possible to add?

Best way (IMHO) is to have the featured artist (singer for example) in the song field:

Song -> Silence Feat. Sarah McLachlan
    Artist -> Delerium

Second best is using album artist:
    Song -> Silence
    Artist -> Delerium Feat. Sarah McLachlan
    Album Artist -> Delerium

But, not all tags are consistent depending on your shop or ripping software, so the really best way for MediaPortal's music section would be to scrape everything into the database, including artist name and song name, like how Moving Pictures and MP TV-Series does. This way, everything shows up perfectly and should also be easy to scrape additional data for (images, lyrics etc.). Once upon a time, I was involved in developing a plugin for this, but the coder(s) disappeared from this community, sadly. :(

Emph

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    so the really best way for MediaPortal's music section would be to scrape everything into the database, including artist name and song name, like how Moving Pictures and MP TV-Series does.
    ofc, but i'm telling about finding matches online. Such splitting could maximize succesfull matches count as I think

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom