Automated Artist / Album Scraping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi jameson_uk !
    I notest the scraper downlod artist picture to ....Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists , most of the pictures
    are low quality , so i change some of them with high quality but after some time , the scraper remove my pictures with
    the same old low quality again .

Is there any thing you can do ? maybe a option if have artist picture don't scrap a picture from web ?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi jameson_uk !
    I notest the scraper downlod artist picture to ....Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists , most of the pictures
    are low quality , so i change some of them with high quality but after some time , the scraper remove my pictures with
    the same old low quality again .

Is there any thing you can do ? maybe a option if have artist picture don't scrap a picture from web ?

This should be changed in RC. If there is an existing artist image scraping will not overwrite it. Are you saying this is not working?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    On a train (again) with limited internet connection for testing.

If anyone does have a spare few minutes would be nice if they could try

This should in theory implement a more fuzzy logic check on artists to deal with "the", "&", "+" and also special characters.

I however have not been able to test so could do with your help...

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Jameson_UK,

Huge thanks for this plugin (and all your fab work!). I tried the mpei version earlier today and it worked pretty well for me. I had a fair few misses due to artists having more than one entry with multiple "years active": Slayer, Testament, to name but two, and on every occassion the first hit would have been correct. Also tried Mr. V's streamedMP update to show all this extra info, and very nice it is too!

However, your new version is giving loads of these errors in the log:

2011-09-09 18:17:53.763243 [Info.][(30)]: Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    Parameter name: i
    at System.Text.RegularExpressions.MatchCollection.get_Item(Int32 i)
    at MusicInfoHandler.WebLookup.GetArtistURLAlternative(String strArtist, String& strArtistURL)
    2011-09-09 18:17:53.778244 [Info.][(30)]: Exception :confused:pecified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    2011-09-09 18:17:53.792245 [Info.][(30)]: site :confused:ystem.Text.RegularExpressions.Match get_Item(Int32)
    2011-09-09 18:17:53.804245 [Info.][(30)]: source :confused:ystem
    2011-09-09 18:17:53.815246 [Info.][(30)]: stacktrace: at System.Text.RegularExpressions.MatchCollection.get_Item(Int32 i)
    at MusicInfoHandler.WebLookup.GetArtistURLAlternative(String strArtist, String& strArtistURL)
    2011-09-09 18:17:55.122321 [Info.][(30)]: Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    at System.Text.RegularExpressions.MatchCollection.get_Item(Int32 i)
    2011-09-09 18:17:55.135321 [Info.][(30)]: Exception :confused:pecified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    2011-09-09 18:17:55.149322 [Info.][(30)]: site :confused:ystem.Text.RegularExpressions.Match get_Item(Int32)
    2011-09-09 18:17:55.160323 [Info.][(30)]: source :confused:ystem
    2011-09-09 18:17:55.170323 [Info.][(30)]: stacktrace: at System.Text.RegularExpressions.MatchCollection.get_Item(Int32 i)

And as a result I'm not getting any artist/album info. If I can be of any more help, let me know.

Glad you're using your commuting time wisely!

Cheers
    Si

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Have not got much time so have not tested this particularly well but it does not produce errors at least...

Could people please try this and in particular look for the ones that were missing before because of differences between formatting

eg.
    Floreance and the machine => Florence & the machine
    The Eagles => Eagles

Also let me know what is still missing and any invalid matches

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Have not got much time so have not tested this particularly well but it does not produce errors at least...

Could people please try this and in particular look for the ones that were missing before because of differences between formatting

eg.
    Floreance and the machine => Florence & the machine
    The Eagles => Eagles

Also let me know what is still missing and any invalid matches

Am still testing and correcting punctuation for missing artists, haven't started on albums yet so please ignore.
    Have attached logs which still shows missing artists with "AND" in the name. I've searched and the spelling appears correct.
    Hope this helps
    Logs attached

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Ok new version again looking to improve matching (the previous version did not do what it said it would)

Please let me know how this goes.

Attachments

• MusicInfoHandler.zip
      8 KB

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok new version again looking to improve matching (the previous version did not do what it said it would)

Please let me know how this goes.

Ok have used this dll and seemed to have better results on artists but still not getting some eg.
    Booker T. and the MG's Booker T. & the MG's is fine
    Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers, similar result
    Cliff Richard and the Shadows, similar result
    etc.
    Logs attached.
    Thanks again for your efforts, hopefully members will help with testing!!, jameson_uk has worked hard on this, please support him.:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom