Automated Artist / Album Scraping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Automatic artist data not retrieved if name is not unique in online database, e.g. Train

Train - pop/rock
    Train - electronic

Isn't this a good thing though? I'd hate to see the wrong info rather than no info unless I can easily change it myself, that is.

Emph

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Automatic artist data not retrieved if name is not unique in online database, e.g. Train

Train - pop/rock
    Train - electronic

Isn't this a good thing though? I'd hate to see the wrong info rather than no info unless I can easily change it myself, that is.

Emph
    That is corrent when indeed the matches are different 'artists', but if you search for 'anouk', you'll find 3 mathes. One 'anouk pop/rock 2008 - 2010' one anouk 2000 and another one with different 'years'. All three are the same women.

Don't know if it is possible to change this ofcourse.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's an issue of the online database. Garbage in, garbage out. Not much one can do if tagging of artists is wrong.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By the way: which database is Information retrieved from? It even doesn't know Pink!o_O

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    By the way: which database is Information retrieved from? It even doesn't know Pink!o_O

I think it's allmusic.com. Is she tagged as "P!nk" or "Pink"? I don't get any hits for "Pharrell" either, maybe I have to rename the album artis for the album "In My Mind" to "Pharrell Williams" even though he was known as "Pharrell" back then?

Emph

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Emph,

You're right, it's P!nk. I will need to retag all the albums. Not a big deal but how would one know which writing to use. However Bryan Adams becomes a Brian on allmusic.com and that can't be correct.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You're right, it's P!nk. I will need to retag all the albums. Not a big deal but how would one know which writing to use. However Bryan Adams becomes a Brian on allmusic.com and that can't be correct.
    That is a different person (engineer / producer) for some reason Bryan Adams just doesn't exist there.

The are a few oddities (the two main ones you have found) but if you struggle try searching manually using a browser.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,

Long time not seen you around ;). Can you comment on the issue of "The", i.e. when MP sorting is done when ignoring articles and prepositions?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Long time not seen you around ;). Can you comment on the issue of "The", i.e. when MP sorting is done when ignoring articles and prepositions?
    I don't really have any time for MP any more (and I don't actually have a working MP setup at the minute :eek:)

The "The" thing will be a bug (well actually something I never found time to implement properly).
    @Sebastiii if you want to fix then you will see in GUIMusicBaseWindow.cs line 1473 you have
    Code:
            if (_strippedPrefixes)
            {
              //Fix ME
              //artist = AudioscrobblerBase.UndoArtistPrefix(song.Artist);
            }
    (there are three occurrences of this)

This was code in the old Audioscrobbler plugin that was not copied across. this should probably be in one of the util classes (and there is probably a lot cleaner way of doing it than the original code)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Prefix artist are disable in code but should be fixed soon :)
    Thanks Jameson_UK (i have take the code from musichandler based on audioscrobberbase lol).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom