Automatic Refreshrate Changer (3 Viewers)

gagugi

Portal Member
July 22, 2010
I have a problem with this tool.

Everytime it changes the refresh rate the screen became black.
But the screen supports the refresh rate.

i dont know what i should do.

When i apply the refresh rate in the Driver Settings it works

For example: i apply a refreshrate of 24hz in the driver settings, than it works, but when
i switch to TV than it switches to 50hz, the screen became black but i hear the sound.

The other way its exactle the same problem

gagugi

Portal Member
July 22, 2010
i run only one monitor
and
i run media portal in full screen

with a panasonic tx s20.

Now i tried to run media portal in window mode and now i see the problem always when the refreshrate changer cahnges
the refreshrate, media portal makes a black screen.

No solution for this problem?

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
might be mp is playing the mediafile a little too soon, befor windows is ready changing RR.
You could try to manually change the refreshrates with commands like described in the first post of the topic. also try wait for 3 to 5 seconds in the command. hope you get it working

roosterx

Portal Pro
April 24, 2006
Högsäter, Sweden
Home Country
Norway Norway
This may be covered earlier in this thread, but i could not find it, so what i would like to know if there is a way to get it to detect refreshrates for dvd and bluray? What is most important for me is actually DVD(using mp and mpc codec for playback) since for bluray i just use 24fps as desktop standard, that way it will never be wrong but dvd's are PAL and 25fps, anyone have a solution?

(edit)
Forgot to mention i use Arcsoft TMT3 together with Arcsoft plugin in MP for bluray.

(edit2)

Ok, i found out it was in the menu's for MP config.

bsider

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Anyone knows how to fix the error "mediaportal has stopped working" when using Dynamic Refresh changer? The error happens even when the current refresh is 24hz and dynamic refresh changer doesn't have to switch it. The error doesn't mean anything, it just pops out on the screen and I have to select the focus on mediaportal once again - everything continues to work fine.
    Disabling dynamic refresh changer makes the issue disappear.

Windows 7 32 bit \ MP 1.1 final \ 12 noon display changer

Attachments

• mp_stopped.jpg
      mp_stopped.jpg
      30.8 KB

Arador

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 3, 2007
    North Queensland
    Home Country
    Love this tool as it works great for me but I have a little request....

There is one place I don't want ARC to work, that's when playing back music videos.
    As you can imagine, with lots of 3-5min videos in a playlist, having the refresh rate change between each song just wrecks the whole experience. It takes my Video card about 4-5 sec for a switch, displaying a black screen in between.
    I use the MusicVideos plugin for this btw.
    My music videos come from many sources so the rates vary....some dl'ed some recorded from tv etc

So...my question is, how can I disable ARC within MP, before I load up my MusicVideos plugin.
    At present I have to quit MP, enter the config, disable ARC, then reload.
    There must be an easy way to do this from within MP?
    Surely this bugs others too? :D

My apologies if this has been covered but I couldn't find it.
    Thanks

VoGoD

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    I've installed the last Mediaportal 1.1.0 with last StreamedMP. I've installed CoreAVC 2.0 codec too to see H264 movies.

My problem is that when I enable Refresh Rate Changer (RRC), the brightness and contrast change (the image is very dark). Nevertheless, if I don't activate the RRC the video looks fine (with a correct brightness and contrast). Why? What can I do to avoid this behaviour?

I have a Windows 7 64-bit with NVIDIA 8800GT.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom