Automatic Refreshrate Changer (4 Viewers)

YuryKos

Portal Member
January 21, 2008
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your nice program.
It works nice but I have an issue with 24p mode detection. This is my configuration file:

<entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>
<entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">yes</entry>
<entry name="cinema_ext">c:\\24hz.cmd</entry>
<entry name="pal_ext">c:\\50hz.cmd</entry>
<entry name="ntsc_ext">c:\\60hz.cmd</entry>
<entry name="tv_ext">c:\\50hz.cmd</entry>
<entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>
<entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>
<entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>
<entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>
<entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>
<entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>
<entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>
<entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>
<entry name="default_hz">cinema_hz</entry>
<entry name="use_default_hz">yes</entry>
<entry name="devicereset">no</entry>
<entry name="force_refresh_rate">no</entry>

When I run PAL (25p) movie - everything is fine and RR changes to 25hz, but when I press stop - RR stays 25hz, not 24hz (default_hz">cinema_hz). Now when I run 24p movie - RR doesn't change and stays 25hz. The CMD files are correct and work nice if I try to run these files manually.

My system config: Windows XP SP3, MediaPortal RC3, Radeon 4650.

Can anyone please help me to fix this issue?

ppeterr

Portal Pro
July 20, 2008
got it working, so thanks a lot !!!! My ati onboard switches perfectly to 24hz and 50hz back....
my tv picks it up flawless...
Only thing, is that when i switch to 60hz....uhmm how do i say that, i got less overscan ?
In other words..ntsc stuff siwtched to 60hz, gives me a zoomed in video, with black borders (smaller).
This is not a problem caused by this refreshrate switcher, but maybe anyone can explain to me
why this happens, and if i can fix this...

jpiranha

Portal Member
December 8, 2008
Madrid (Spain)
Home Country
Germany Germany
Problems with TVSeries plugin

Hi all,
first off, thanks for this great plug-in, as it really improves the quality of the movies.

But I am having some problems, which may be somehow related to the already mentioned problems with the Moving Pictures plug-in.

Strangely enough, moving pictures doesn´t produce any errors whatsoever and works perfectly. But when I want to watch my series using the MP-TVseries plugin, MediaPortal crashes after playback. To be more specific, it crashes ALWAYS when I press STOP, and SOMETIMES when I fast forward to the end of the episode.

In the log file the specific error is the following:
Code:
2008-12-14 22:30:29.843750 [Debug][MPMain]: Window: WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin init
2008-12-14 22:30:29.875000 [Warn.][MPMain]: Main: ***** OnDeviceLost *****
2008-12-14 22:30:29.875000 [Info.][MPMain]: Main: Device lost - Error in the application.
-2005530520 (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
   at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
2008-12-14 22:30:29.890625 [Debug][MPMain]: d3dapp: RecoverDevice called
2008-12-14 22:30:29.890625 [Debug][MPMain]: d3dapp: DeviceNotResetException
2008-12-14 22:30:29.890625 [Warn.][MPMain]: d3dapp: Resetting DX9 device

I have already tried different settings (devicereset yes/no; using Nvidia tool or 12noon), but the error keeps coming up. It's pretty bothering to have to relaunch MP after finishing any episode...
BTW, using Windows XP, Nvidia 8800GT, MP RC4 incl. precompiled RefreshrateChanger for RC4, StreamedMP w/ MP-TVseries and MovingPictures.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jan

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    got it working, so thanks a lot !!!! My ati onboard switches perfectly to 24hz and 50hz back....
    my tv picks it up flawless...
    Only thing, is that when i switch to 60hz....uhmm how do i say that, i got less overscan ?
    In other words..ntsc stuff siwtched to 60hz, gives me a zoomed in video, with black borders (smaller).
    This is not a problem caused by this refreshrate switcher, but maybe anyone can explain to me
    why this happens, and if i can fix this...

Check if your TV handles 60Hz different than 24 or 50. Mine does so (it's a Samsung).

Hi all,
    first off, thanks for this great plug-in, as it really improves the quality of the movies.

But I am having some problems, which may be somehow related to the already mentioned problems with the Moving Pictures plug-in.

Strangely enough, moving pictures doesn´t produce any errors whatsoever and works perfectly. But when I want to watch my series using the MP-TVseries plugin, MediaPortal crashes after playback. To be more specific, it crashes ALWAYS when I press STOP, and SOMETIMES when I fast forward to the end of the episode.

In the log file the specific error is the following:
    Code:
    2008-12-14 22:30:29.843750 [Debug][MPMain]: Window: WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin init
    2008-12-14 22:30:29.875000 [Warn.][MPMain]: Main: ***** OnDeviceLost *****
    2008-12-14 22:30:29.875000 [Info.][MPMain]: Main: Device lost - Error in the application.
    -2005530520 (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
       at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
    2008-12-14 22:30:29.890625 [Debug][MPMain]: d3dapp: RecoverDevice called
    2008-12-14 22:30:29.890625 [Debug][MPMain]: d3dapp: DeviceNotResetException
    2008-12-14 22:30:29.890625 [Warn.][MPMain]: d3dapp: Resetting DX9 device

I have already tried different settings (devicereset yes/no; using Nvidia tool or 12noon), but the error keeps coming up. It's pretty bothering to have to relaunch MP after finishing any episode...
    BTW, using Windows XP, Nvidia 8800GT, MP RC4 incl. precompiled RefreshrateChanger for RC4, StreamedMP w/ MP-TVseries and MovingPictures.

Thanks,
    Jan

Which version of tvseries are you using?

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Which version of tvseries are you using?

v2.0.3251.

That version itself doesn't give any problems without the refreshrate patch applied, so it must be some interference between the two.

j

OK, shouldn't be the reason. I was just asking, because I've seen similar errors with older versions of tvseries.

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    @ slurm, yes its the tv for sure - if i set it manuallyto 60hz in the ati control center the same happens
    ..i have a pioneer 50inch..for now i only switch to 50hz and 24hz.
    Also, my next problem, it seems i have a huge audio synch problem at 24hz...trying different audio codecs now.
    Using ffdshow audio, didnt help .....

oke did some testing, it seems that the EVR setting, gives me a audio synch problem...or at least, it looks like
    when i switch to vmr it looks oke (this needs more investigation)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom