Automatic Refreshrate Changer (3 Viewers)

lemonhead

Portal Member
August 17, 2006
Täby
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well it isn't a plugin, so i see why it isn't there. But why not a thread that clearly state that it isn't a plugin, and then links to this thread?

sigdor

Portal Member
September 15, 2004
this is a great addon for Mediaportal !!

i have some videos with wrong media info -> Mediaportal switch to 24HZ, but the Video is PAL or NTSC.

i have a idea to put the HZ information into the filename -> "nice_movie_60hz.mkv", "nice_movie_50hz.mkv" , "nice_movie_24hz.mkv"
if the filename contains a 24hz, 50hz or 60hz it will overwrite the selection from the mediainfo lib.

great work :)

lemonhead

Portal Member
August 17, 2006
Täby
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I proposed a "play in XXHz" option in the context menu a couple of posts back. That way You always could make the file play in the correct frequency without having to change the name of the file first. Maybe it would even be possible to make MP remember the last frequency the file was played in for the next time.

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Surely there is a way to change a file's media info? That would be a much neater solution and the wife/gf wouldn't need to get technical about playing video?

lemonhead

Portal Member
August 17, 2006
Täby
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well the gf/wife would never notice the difference anyway... :) But you're right. It seems proper to fix the problem instead of making a workaround. Doing that, would require som non gf friendly tinkering though, outside of MediaPortal, every time such a file is found. I could not find any easy way to do what You describe, at least not after a fast google search...

Someone who knows of an easy way to change the codec frequency information of any video file?

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
Kudos to Gibman and hope it becomes a standard feature of MP. I've been using it for the last 3 days and it looks great. The only problem I had was sync issues at 24Hz, but I resolved it by forcing Vsync. I tested back and forth with vsync on and off and it works. My RR setup is with ATI driver.

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Kudos to Gibman and hope it becomes a standard feature of MP. I've been using it for the last 3 days and it looks great. The only problem I had was sync issues at 24Hz, but I resolved it by forcing Vsync. I tested back and forth with vsync on and off and it works. My RR setup is with ATI driver.

I also have sync issues, how did you do that vsync thing??

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I have this issue now:

When I change to 24HZ, my movies don't appear full screen anymore but just a part of it on the left of the screen, like "windowed" Also the taskbar is shown... Please advise, I don't find it..

When I press stop, it goes back to fullscreen..

edit: This is because of the change of VSYNC options; so frenzy's advice gives me problems.

Does anybody know how to force 1280 X 720 @ 24HZ to my HD3200 graphics card??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom