Automatic Refreshrate Changer (3 Viewers)

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I have this issue: refreshrate is changed and also is resolution; but the videowindow does not change resolution. So I get this: (see attachment)

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    276.2 KB

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
okay, FIXED! I changed resolution with CLI.exe instead of DC.exe

edit: + a wait.exe of 3 seconds added.

So CCC + WAIT = the best option for ati users, I guess. Now I have to tackle the sync probs..

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using DC for changing the refresh rate; When I start a movie, most of the times the audio is out of sync with the images, but the subtitles are IN sync with the sound. If I stop the movie and start it again everything is in sync!

Any idea what can cause this?

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm using DC for changing the refresh rate; When I start a movie, most of the times the audio is out of sync with the images, but the subtitles are IN sync with the sound. If I stop the movie and start it again everything is in sync!

Hmm, I have the same issue using DC...haven't worked it out yet. But I changed the default refresh rate to what most of my movies are in. Seems to have helped a bit.

Sometimes I can watch one all the way through no problem, sometimes I have to stop start a couple of times to fix it.

jpiranha

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    Madrid (Spain)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sync problems

Hmm, I have the same issue using DC...haven't worked it out yet. But I changed the default refresh rate to what most of my movies are in. Seems to have helped a bit.

Sometimes I can watch one all the way through no problem, sometimes I have to stop start a couple of times to fix it.

What codecs are you guys using? I´m using ffdshow for both video + audio, and not having any problems. Try activating the option "Automatic Decoder Settings" in Config -> Movies -> Movie Player and see if that helps. For that to work your filter merits need to be set correctly. That means you need to be able to play back correctly outside of MP, e.g. with MS MediaPlayer.

Do you transmit audio via analog, digital (S/PDIF) or HDMI?

Jan

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    yup....synch problems

video: corec audio ac3 setting audio to ffdshow made it worse, this all with evr on.

when evr off, its better but still not oke, with powerdvd for video, again better but still not oke enough.

with hz switching off, the best results for now...

when mp v1 arrives, i am gonna do some real testing with all settings to try to make it better,
    this on my old install, so if i fck it all up i will format the sys en install v.1

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Do you guys have sync problems from the beginning? I don't have any problems when I normally play the movie, only when using the "jump to" function. It now works flawlessly, this utility.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've seen something interesting: when watching SD-TV with 50Hz I get slight stutter in motions, when watching it with 25Hz it runs smooth. But changing TV to 25Hz gives me heavy stutter on HD (which runs smooth at 50Hz).

Is this a codec problem, or something else I missed? If not, is there a chance to modify the patch to use different refresh rates for SD and HD for TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom