Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'd personally vote for not only pstrip since pstrip doesn't work on my Nvidia 8200 board. I thought pstrip doesn't work for newer 8series nvidia cards too, though I may be mistaken.

jessgade

Portal Member
    August 22, 2007
    Just FYI: Im running Media Portal RC2 and I simply dumped the binaries into the Mediaportal Home directory and it seem to work.

But I agree with what others say here - Such a feature is really very important - and SHOULD be a part of Media Portal!

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I guess we could either;

1) only make it possible to run pstrip cmd lines and nothing else.
    configured like pstrip params;
    <entry name="cinema_ext">/target:1 /T:1280,72,136,192,1024,1,3,55,109167,282</entry>
    This way we remove ati/nvidia profles and the device resets that comes with it.

2) or we could keep it as it is now but with one exception; the ati/nvidia profiles are unsupported (use at ur own risk).

I would say that the pstrip way of changing RR within the core right now is pretty bullet proof.
    since it does not handle any device resets or anything.

I think the first could be a good option since powerstrip has a low cost and is the option that works better without having a great impact on the code.

I think powerstrip does not work with certain models of nvidia card though.

jessgade

Portal Member
    August 22, 2007
    Powerstrip doesent work with the NVIDIA 8XXX line of cards.

I think there are quite a few out there since ASUS produces passive cooled versions which is intended for use with media pc's

skvortsov

Portal Member
    February 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    this is a feature i've been looking for some months! GREAT! It shoud be in standard distribution of MP I think. I've just installed MP1 RC2, copied files from attached zip - but it doesn't work. I have 1920x1080@50i resolution on my plasma by default. when I try to open 24p movie - media portal winidow becomes smaller (not full screen) and movie doesn't play. refresh rate is not changed too. what could be a problem?
    ps: there is no mediaportal.xml in my distribution (??)

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    this is a feature i've been looking for some months! GREAT! It shoud be in standard distribution of MP I think. I've just installed MP1 RC2, copied files from attached zip - but it doesn't work. I have 1920x1080@50i resolution on my plasma by default. when I try to open 24p movie - media portal winidow becomes smaller (not full screen) and movie doesn't play. refresh rate is not changed too. what could be a problem?
    ps: there is no mediaportal.xml in my distribution (??)

There is, it's not in the Mediaportal installdir though. Run the MP configuration, top left, there's a tab to open the config xml directory. You need to make sure the executed commands listed in the .xml file work outside of MP first.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    interesting.

I did try DVD's and iso's with AnyDVD.
    Seems to work ok.

What do the logs tell ?
    Was it unable to guess FPS on DVD ?

/gibman

Gibman,

I noticed it works on media files, but not iso's or DVD's.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    interesting.

I did try DVD's and iso's with AnyDVD.
    Seems to work ok.

What do the logs tell ?
    Was it unable to guess FPS on DVD ?

/gibman

Gibman,

I noticed it works on media files, but not iso's or DVD's.

Oh, it might be Solis66's MyVideos mod I have installed. I'll try without it and report back.

I'm still having issues with the audio slowly drifting from the video at 1080p/24, takes awhile but 20-30min into the video, the audio plays to early. It's not a problem with the your mod at all, I'm just not sure why it's doing this. Reclock doesn't seem to work, it gives me an error about video card not supported by reclock.

UPDATE: Nevermind, my DVD iso's are detected as NTSC Video 29.97fps by Mediainfo. I forgot DVD's are interlaced.

pizcolq

Portal Member
    August 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Great idea, something that I was loocking for long time, but unfortunately it doesn´t work for me:

My media Portal version is V1.0 RC2 runnig under WinXP SP2
    I downloaded RefreshRateChanger_0.1.rar and after descompress it copy and paste Core.dll, MediaInfo.dll and MediaPortal.exe in the Media Portal root directory. Nothing about VSN.
    I have 3 profiles in CCC: 1080p@24Hz, 1080p@60Hz and 1080p@50Hz, and this is my configuration:

<entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@24Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="pal_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@50Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@60Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="tv_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@50Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>
    <entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>
    <entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="default_hz">ntsc_hz</entry>
    <entry name="use_default_hz">yes</entry>
    <entry name="devicereset">yes</entry>

With this configuration and inside MP, the refresh rate never changes. Even If I try to play a movie I have to press enter many times to start playing.
    thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom