Automatic Refreshrate Changer (5 Viewers)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    u need to change this to either 50 or 60.
    <entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>

also logs plz.

does ur ATI profiles even work outside MP ?

/gibman

Great idea, something that I was loocking for long time, but unfortunately it doesn´t work for me:

My media Portal version is V1.0 RC2 runnig under WinXP SP2
    I downloaded RefreshRateChanger_0.1.rar and after descompress it copy and paste Core.dll, MediaInfo.dll and MediaPortal.exe in the Media Portal root directory. Nothing about VSN.
    I have 3 profiles in CCC: 1080p@24Hz, 1080p@60Hz and 1080p@50Hz, and this is my configuration:

<entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@24Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="pal_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@50Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@60Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="tv_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@50Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>
    <entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="default_hz">ntsc_hz</entry>
    <entry name="use_default_hz">yes</entry>
    <entry name="devicereset">yes</entry>

With this configuration and inside MP, the refresh rate never changes. Even If I try to play a movie I have to press enter many times to start playing.
    thx

jessgade

Portal Member
    August 22, 2007
    With this configuration and inside MP, the refresh rate never changes. Even If I try to play a movie I have to press enter many times to start playing.
    thx

Im using a NVIDIA gfx card and calling .bat files to change the refresh rate - so it might only work for me - but I have the two last entries set to "no".

<entry name="use_default_hz">no</entry>
    <entry name="devicereset">no</entry>

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Great idea, something that I was loocking for long time, but unfortunately it doesn´t work for me:

I downloaded RefreshRateChanger_0.1.rar and after descompress it copy and paste Core.dll, MediaInfo.dll and MediaPortal.exe in the Media Portal root directory. Nothing about VSN.
    I have 3 profiles in CCC: 1080p@24Hz, 1080p@60Hz and 1080p@50Hz, and this is my configuration:

<entry name="cinema_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@24Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="pal_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@50Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@60Hz"</entry>
    <entry name="tv_ext">C:\\Archivos de programa\\ATI Technologies\\ATI.ACE\\Core-Static\\CLI.exe Start Load profilename="1080p@50Hz"</entry>

thx

I would probably try not having the @ symbol in your profile names.

pizcolq

Portal Member
    August 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    u need to change this to either 50 or 60.

also logs plz.

does ur ATI profiles even work outside MP ?

/gibman

thx

Thanks for your answer gibman. I changed de "tv_fps" entry as you told me but nothing happent. am really disperated with MP... I left you my log, I´d be very pleased if you can help me. Any way you have done a very good job. This feature is not important... it is esential for a good HTPC.

PD: My ati profiles work perfectly in and out media portal (with hot keys)

pizcolq

Portal Member
    August 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

thx

I would probably try not having the @ symbol in your profile names.

I have tried with any kind of names.. anyway thank you.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have tried with any kind of names.. anyway thank you.

Do you maybe have other programs running which fix refreshrate. ATI Traytools or something. Also you check in ATI CCC if the override refreshrate function is ticked or not.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    gibman - Have you thought about making this a little more generic; duno how this will fit into your code, but here goes. (perhaps make it a plugin)

Using your existing code I am able to sneak in a few home automation tasks as well. So when a media starts to play I call a script and that script in turn both sets the refresh rate and sets a command to turn the lights down into movie mode! When finished playing the defaut action then sets the refresh rate back to MP mode and calls a script which turns the lights back up.

If your new function simply called an external script and passed it parameters we could handle more situaitons.
    How about calling a generic script on events like play, pause, stop and pass it fps and resolution; this way that external script could do a bit more HA stuff and also do the resetting of FPS on the projector.

For me I also like to set the screen size to match the movie, ie set 1080P24, 720P60, etc..... so the passing of the resolution along with the fps would be very useful.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Gibman,

Will you be releasing a recompile for SVN20143?

I usually apply the weekly SVNs, but I haven't done so since 20078 (when Gibman released v0.1 of this plugin with the required mediaportal.exe and core.dll). What is the way forward if I want to keep using the weekly SVNs and this plugin? I'm not in a position to compile my own files etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom