Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
I would use this definitely and agree that what harm can it do if it's included but just disabled by default.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I think there has been "worse" features added than this after the "feature freeze" so I wouldn't see any point leaving this one out.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The current internal poll for keeping this feature stands at 4:1 (the '1' being myself) in favour of ditching the whole thing.
    Im not sure if I am willing to make unofficial builds each week to support this thing.

Please please do NOT remove this feature. This is the only way users of vista can adjust resolution to the media being played.

I suggest a poll to ask users if they want to keep this feature!

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Someone create a poll. I'll cross post on the avsforum HTPC forum so more people know about this feature.

BTW, while my video is great, my audio becomes unsynchronized slowly. I think I need to use reclock for 24Hz.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Lol... as if people who are not interested in this feature would vote against. :p I think only the ones who are interested will just vote Yes. So basically left with a headcount of people who want it. (which is good enough if you ask me)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I would use this definitely and agree that what harm can it do if it's included but just disabled by default.

I guess the main fear on those who voted on the "no" is that the feature needs to have changes on the core in MP. Also the feature isnt currently yet 100% working. I'm pretty sure it will be added (in 1.0.1), but it still needs "patching" to be on that level it doents have any bugs or dont cause any side effects.

MP1 rendering engine isnt best application when it comes to the "device lost" handling.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Lol... as if people who are not interested in this feature would vote against. :p I think only the ones who are interested will just vote Yes. So basically left with a headcount of people who want it. (which is good enough if you ask me)

This is what I meant :)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I guess the main fear on those who voted on the "no" is that the feature needs to have changes on the core in MP. Also the feature isnt currently yet 100% working. I'm pretty sure it will be added (in 1.0.1), but it still needs "patching" to be on that level it doents have any bugs or dont cause any side effects.

MP1 rendering engine isnt best application when it comes to the "device lost" handling.

I guess we could either;

1) only make it possible to run pstrip cmd lines and nothing else.
    configured like pstrip params;
    <entry name="cinema_ext">/target:1 /T:1280,72,136,192,1024,1,3,55,109167,282</entry>
    This way we remove ati/nvidia profles and the device resets that comes with it.

2) or we could keep it as it is now but with one exception; the ati/nvidia profiles are unsupported (use at ur own risk).

I would say that the pstrip way of changing RR within the core right now is pretty bullet proof.
    since it does not handle any device resets or anything.

On the other hand, the RR that does a device reset does have some more code, as u can see in the diff.

Ive tried both methods, pstrip and ati profiles - both work here. Although I use pstrip on my production system.

If we kept the pstrip only solution, then I guess it could be done as a process plugin even.
    If we want to be able to change RR and at the same time recover from device resets, then we need changes in mp.exe and core.dll as it is now in the attached file.

/gibman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom