Automatically delete orphaned Episodes and Series. (1 Viewer)

octane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2005
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

Is there any way to automatically remove Series and Episodes that have no reference from the database? I would like to delete them rather than just hide them. Preferably when running the import or with a scrip perhaps.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello, do you mean deleting physical files or just database entries which are not present online now?

octane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2005
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am running version 4.2.2.2151.
    But I can’t find any setting that resembles deleting orphan entries in the database. Where is it located?

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I had something similar to this happening to me, with MovingPictures.

I have all my movies separated in to folders of the movie name, once I deleted a movie, the other files (subs, folder jpgs, etc.) were left in the folders so MP thought the movies were still there - even thought the actual movie file itself was gone.

Do you think that you having a similar thing?

I had to manually find the erroneous entries and remove the folders - then everything came back properly!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But I can’t find any setting that resembles deleting orphan entries in the database. Where is it located?
    That's not a setting but actually a manual operation.

Open TVSeries Configuration, enter the "Details" tab and delete undesired entries. Each time you delete, a dialogue will appear where you are prompted whether you want to delete the database entry, the physical file or both. In case of orphaned entries, i.e. no physical file left, only "delete form database" can be selected.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So there is now way to do this automic I assume?
    No, there is not.

The philosophy behind this probably is that there may be situations where the remote file storage is temporarily unavailable. You wouldn't want to have all your database cleared at this moment. Could this be somehow addressed? Probably, but the author might have thought that this is not occurring very frequently. But I am speculating. He may see this post and reply for himself.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Online data is never deleted unless it also does not exist online, only local episode references are removed from the database if its detected during an import that the files are no longer locally available.

The only time it would not remove a local reference is if the drive is offline, if its online and the files no longer exist on that drive then the references are removed.

Would need an additional setting to allow deletion of online data as well, it would probably make sense to do it automatically for series that have also ended, in other cases users will probably want those references in the database so they can monitor when the next season starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom