Automatically delete orphaned Episodes and Series. | Page 2

Discussion in 'My TVSeries' started by octane, June 30, 2015.

1. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Can you explain what you mean by "online" vs "local reference"? For me I can confirm that deleting the physical file is not triggering the removal in the database. I continue to see this entries.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    If you delete a episode from your disk and then run an import (manual or by schedule) you will see that the reference is removed in the logs. In the database there is two tables for episodes (local_episodes and online_episodes), the local_episodes table is what gets cleaned up because that is what stores the file information.

The log will look like:
    Code (Text):
    2. 2015-07-02 20:52:46.915 [INFO][04]: Episode is marked for removal from database, file: '\\nas\tv\House of Cards (US)\House.of.Cards.(US).S03E10.720p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-FGT.mkv', volume label: '\\nas\tv'
    3. 2015-07-02 20:52:46.921 [INFO][04]: Episode is marked for removal from database, file: '\\nas\tv\House of Cards (US)\House.of.Cards.(US).S03E11.720p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-FGT.mkv', volume label: '\\nas\tv'
    4. 2015-07-02 20:52:46.927 [INFO][04]: Episode is marked for removal from database, file: '\\nas\tv\House of Cards (US)\House.of.Cards.(US).S03E12.720p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-FGT.mkv', volume label: '\\nas\tv'
    5. 2015-07-02 20:52:46.933 [INFO][04]: Episode is marked for removal from database, file: '\\nas\tv\House of Cards (US)\House.of.Cards.(US).S03E13.720p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-FGT.mkv', volume label: '\\nas\tv'

4. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

Thanks for the explanation. Indeed, works as described (y) - I probably was looking at the database status on my local work PC, where I had not updated, instead of assessing the individual HTPCs' situation.

@octane : In summarizing one can therefore say that status updates will periodically occur (if defined in the settings under "Scan remote shares every xx minutes".

5. biship

biship Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    There should be a button to do this as I have hundreds of shows to go through.

6. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 2
    @biship, you can also just run an SQL query manually to prune your database in one single swoop. There are many forum references to this that explain all the queries available. Ideally you do configure each show on the correct status though, because shows that are officially ended are ideally configured as such. I guess automating that would be a nice new feature for MP-TVSeries.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!