"Automatically retrieve movie data in the English language" not working (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Somebody already made a post on the forum offering a patch to add the accept-language method to the <retrieve> node, so looks like a solution is not far away. At the same time I'm not giving up looking at my own workarounds, as it might reveal some underlying issues with IMDb+ that need to be fixed as well.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm happy to report that I found a workaround to the issue with IMDb+ v4.7.1

Still needs mass testing, but it appears to work well so far on small sample set (crossing fingers it did not break something else, but will just have to fix that then).

manray

Portal Pro
    December 5, 2008
    Hi RoChess
    I installed last IMDB+ version but on IMDB+ Info i get version 2.0.0.281
    What i'm doing wrong?
    See attached pictures

Attachments

• inf1.png
      inf1.png
      111.3 KB
    • inf2.png
      inf2.png
      116.4 KB
    • inf3.png
      inf3.png
      114.3 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi RoChess
    I installed last IMDB+ version but on IMDB+ Info i get version 2.0.0.281
    What i'm doing wrong?
    See attached pictures

That is IMDb+ plugin (really need to release a new version, but want to add a lot of IMDb+ plugin features that I need more time for)

The IMDb+ plugin will auto-update the IMDb+ scraper-script. It is the latter that I keep updating when IMDb website changes. Simply launch MediaPortal with the IMDb+ plugin installed and you will get a popup saying it updated. You can also open IMDb+ plugin settings inside MediaPortal GUI (there is no config method) and via the hidden menu (left arrow in most skins), you can go to like "IMDb+ Info" to see more details on what versions you got installed.

If you got the Extensions plugin installed, there is also a "Settings" option inside IMDb+ plugin hidden menu, where you can adjust things such as how often to check for updates (default = 1x each day and not on startup).

manray

Portal Pro
    December 5, 2008
    Hi
    How can I access this " "Settings" option inside IMDb+ plugin hidden menu, where you can adjust things such as how often to check for updates (default = 1x each day and not on startup). " ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi
    How can I access this " "Settings" option inside IMDb+ plugin hidden menu, where you can adjust things such as how often to check for updates (default = 1x each day and not on startup). " ?

You need to install the Extensions plugin (GUI part of MPEI).

Easiest way is:
    1. Double click the "MediaPortal Extension Installer" shortcut on your desktop
    2. Switch to the "Options" tab and then click on the "Download online update info" to get the updated list
    3. Select the "Known extensions" tab
    4. Scroll down and click on the "Extensions" entry and follow through with installation

And this will then enable the "Extensions" plugin into MediaPortal, which will show the 'Settings' options inside IMDb+ plugin hidden menu.

If you still have issues let me know and I'll make screenshots.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thank you.
    I managed to do the update I will now do the refresh of all movies :)
    I'l give you feedback as soon as the process is complete

Be sure to update to v4.7.4, seems there was another bug for non-USA users IP and IMDb decided to give you guys a totally new website layout, so I had to compensate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom