Automatically start MP fullscreen on secondary display (2 Viewers)

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try the patch / installer posted in the following thread.
    It enables you to configure on witch screen to start MP.
    Also adds support startup parameters for /screen=1 /skin="BlueTwo Wide"

[patch] Choose the screen in which MP will start (fullscreen or window)

@ piba:
    i am using the 0.2.2.0 Version, because it runs stable on my Hardware, the RC1 Version does not.
    Is it able to use a Patch like that for 0.2.2.0?
    The Patch of Hannema is very good, but the DX-Mode doesnt work properly.
    What can i do?

arnear

Portal Member
    July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also used the patch and when the resolution of my secondary screen is lower of the primary screen there is the lower part missing of the media portal screen. (primary:1680x1050, Secondary: 720P)

How can i fix this?

FLY

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2006
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hello everybody,

I have a simple question.

how do I set my remote key to start a .bat file or any other script file ?

I have harmony 880 remote and MCE receiver.

Weaselbringe

September 28, 2007
    Switch to TV Display

I've been searching the forums for a way to do something rather specific and obviously you have some coding skill or may know of something already, but here's what I want to do:

I have dual 19 inch LCD Monitors and I also have a TV hooked up (via S-Video Cable) all from the same video card, my normal day-to-day stuff requires me to be on the LCD's and my Nvidia 7800Gt will only allow 2 LCD's or One LCD and One TV. SO basically, I want to be able to run MediaPortal from either the desktop (or remote) and have it not only launch, but activate my tv as a display, turn off the other displays (or not) and then launch full-screen in the TV display.

Its sort of a holy grail for me as I have not found a way to quickly and effectively switch displays over to my TV (and back) at the push of a button, much less have a Media Center app take over with no fuss... any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam
    ( Adam@Threesided.com ) :confused:

dhannema

Portal Member
    January 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've been searching the forums for a way to do something rather specific and obviously you have some coding skill or may know of something already... any ideas?
    I don't know if it completely solves your problem, but you might want to try out vidres or ultramon to do switching/configuring of the display configuration.
    When you figure out which parameters to use, then simply put the commands in a batch file.

AboveBeyond

November 28, 2007
    I can't get my 2ndary LCD TV to startup in FS.

I use /fullscreen /screen=1 and tried /fullscreen /screen=0 but both screens are always the same.

I tried checking "Startup in FS" and trying the above commands but its always FS when that's checked.

Using Screenselector, I only see my computer screen and not my TV....

Using 2.3 and latest SVN.

Any clue?:eek:

EDIT: Never, I guess it need to set my screens to DUALVIEW instead of clone but I don't like how it makes my primary the same resolution of my TV...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom