How do you configure Eventghost to control MP? i've installed the program but i haven't got the hang of it yet. I'm using a MCE remote.I use EventGhost to control MP with a remote. It can send commands to MP even if it isn't in focus.
Thanks! I noticed now that the MCE Replacement Plugin controls MP even if it's unfocused but i'm gonna try this for some other apps.Hey I don't own a MCE remote but I guess you would add support for it in the same way I did with my Tira.
1. Click Add plugin and select MCE. Put it in Autostart.
2. Create a macro for the command you wish to program. I.e Button 0 on the remote.
3. Add an Action Window/Emulate Keystrokes and type the keyboard key to emulate = 0.
4. To send this keystroke only to MediaPortal, even if unfocused, add another Action. Select Window/Find a Window. Select MediaPortal.exe from the programs running list. Be sure to place this Action above the Emulate Keystrokes action. You can test the action by selecting the macro and pressing F5.
5. Finally to program this event to trigger by a remote key, press the key on your remote and it should appear in the log window. Simply drag this Event and drop it on your macro.
The next time EventGhost receives this trigger from the remote it will execute the macro.
It Works! but do you know why the picture goes outside the screen?
|S||TV-Server MP1 - Automatic search doesn't work||Installation, configuration support||2|
|Automatically Re-Tune Periodically||Improvement Suggestions||1|
|Automatically Tune to Strongest Duplicate Channel||Improvement Suggestions||106|
|W||[solved] [FIXED] Survivor season 40 not automatically matching||My TVSeries||1|
|G||Switch to new channel at begining of program automatically||Feature Requests||0|
|C||How do I get MediaPortal to separate recording files by channel and month?||General||2|
|H||MP1.21F video database scan, can it be scheduled to automatically run in background||General Support||5|
|Online Videos - Automatic Updates fails 'Automatic update disabled. Check your internet connection'||OnlineVideos||10|
|1.20 final does not update video duration automatically||1.20||10|
|1.20 final does not update video duration automatically||1.20 Pre Release||1|
|D||Getting Started||General Support||30|
|[Music] 5012: Start current music track from the beginning||Improvement Suggestions||21|
|T||[solved] Green Button start MP not working....but box ticked in config.||General Support||1|
|W||[solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels||General Support||20|
|W||[solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings||Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)||1|
|UNKNOWN ERROR when starting live TV||General Support||6|
|Trakt error when start with MP crash||Trakt||1|
|F||Recording starts at second time only||MediaPortal 1 Talk||6|
|Movie cover not showing when starting a movie||aMPed||0|
|[solved] 4982: Why this error hard stop when Mediaportal start?||MediaPortal 1||3|
|AMD Radeon Settings app. won't start after hibernation.||General Support||0|
|Close MP when the external player is started||General Support||13|
|M||MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins||General Support||14|
|Fehlermeldung Error invoking action "Start Timeshift"||Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum||1|
|P||MP2 TV Server crashes when starting - throws error remoting exception||General||2|