Automatically start MP fullscreen on secondary display (1 Viewer)

bored

Portal Member
March 7, 2006
dhannema said:
I see what's happening.
Change the content of the batch file to include the full path names:

"C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\mp_start.exe" "C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"

hmm... for some reason that didnt solve the problem...

although i definitly cant see any reason why the solution with the bat-file doesnt work i used your source-code to change the path in mp_start.exe to C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Mediaportal.exe.

what surprised me most is that my changes worked and i can use that new mp_start.exe to open mediaportal on my tv with my remote...

so great thanx for your help and espacially for that great program.... i finally can enjoy it ;-)

Bjelvert

March 23, 2006
Doesn't work on MP RC3 ?!

The tool work like a charm on MP 2.0 RC2.
But it don't work at all on RC3.
Is there a patch or something, bacuse it is very good tool I am ***need it ***
Thanks in advance

dhannema

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: Doesn't work on MP RC3 ?!

Bjelvert said:
The tool work like a charm on MP 2.0 RC2.
But it don't work at all on RC3.
Is there a patch or something, bacuse it is very good tool I am ***need it ***
Thanks in advance

Sorry, been out of town for a while.
I've made v1.1 available in the start post. This version works with both RC2 and RC3. The reason it didn't work anymore was that the program checks for the name of the program and that changed from "Media Portal" to "MediaPortal" ;)

scooba77

April 7, 2006
This is exactly what I searched for. Great Work!!!

But I have got one thing. Is it normal that when MediaPortal is started the taskbar on my primary display disappears. Is it possible the the taskbar stays on the primary display?

Again, nice tool! :D

dhannema

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
scooba77 said:
Is it normal that when MediaPortal is started the taskbar on my primary display disappears. Is it possible the the taskbar stays on the primary display?

I don't have this problem. Maybe the "Hide taskbar on fullscreen" option is enabled in the general settings?

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
:shock: Oops, it appear that does not work with my computer, i've downloaded mp-start.exe, i've made the bat to start using command line parameter for my program location, it starts correctly (returning 00000 code) but it remains in main screen :cry: . My secondary screen is at 800x600 and main is at 1280x1024...

Thanks in advance,

bitbyter

April 30, 2006
100% CPU on Secondary Display

This file works great but the only problem I have is that when I use it MP uses between 98% and 99% of my CPU cycles. If I start MP normally I do not have this problem. Anyone have any suggestions to correct this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom