Autoplay CD (1 Viewer)

mp718

Portal Member
June 20, 2005
When I insert a CD, I want MP to automatically play the CD without asking me. Also, I don't want to have to select from several CDDB options, as I have sometimes (it should simply select the first one, or not display information for that CD). The reason is that I want to be able to play CDs without having to turn on my TV or make guesses about current dialogue boxes. The "autoplay cd" option in the configuration doesn't do the trick.

mfo

Portal Member
February 24, 2005
FRANCE
Hi,

I would kill for that real autoplay ;-)
I posted a new topic in the Features request forum but got 0, read ZERO answers. It seems so obvious that this is the way autoplay should be that I'm wondering why it stayed like it is for so long when the code change needed should be really minimal.
Maybe the devs are trying to explain to me (us) : why don't you download the sources and add this modification by yourself ...
I don't do developpement myself but I could come to it when I'm really fed up with this pseudo auto play thing.

Best regards,
Marc

tfro71

Portal Member
May 7, 2005
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
This autoplay thing for audio-cd's is my next coding project to do with Mediaportal but the wheather in the Netherlands is just to nice to stay indoors so you'll have to wait a few days more before I start :)

I am planning to do the following:
Change the tag in the config to a combobox with the following options:
- Do nothing on inserting a new disk
- Ask what to do
and.....
- Play the CD/DVD immediatly.

mfo

Portal Member
February 24, 2005
FRANCE
tfro71 said:
This autoplay thing for audio-cd's is my next coding project to do with Mediaportal but the wheather in the Netherlands is just to nice to stay indoors so you'll have to wait a few days more before I start :)

I am planning to do the following:
Change the tag in the config to a combobox with the following options:
- Do nothing on inserting a new disk
- Ask what to do
and.....
- Play the CD/DVD immediatly.

tfro71,

That's exactly the kind of feature I was expecting. Do you think it would be much work to do the same in the MP DVD configuration ?

Thanks in advance
Marc

tfro71

Portal Member
May 7, 2005
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
I've got autoplay running now with the CD. Not 100% yet but working very fine now. Any testers?

You can set three options in the config tool for autoplay
Yes (plays directly, no questions asked)
No (does not do anything, like it was.)
Ask (the old autoplay question and if it finds more titles it will pop which title the cd is. But still the old way)

civikdude

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
U.S.A.
tfro71 said:
I've got autoplay running now with the CD. Not 100% yet but working very fine now. Any testers?

Ask (the old autoplay question and if it finds more titles it will pop which title the cd is. But still the old way)

I'll test! Is there someplace I can pick the files up from?

mfo

Portal Member
February 24, 2005
FRANCE
tfro71 said:

Ok I compiled latest cvs with the sources you sent to me and it works !
Good job !! Can you now do the same for DVD autoplay ?
You should also submit your changes to cvs so that everyone takes advantage of it (lots of people were requesting a real autoplay ...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom