AV-Receiver-Pro's around? (1 Viewer)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I cannot adjust it in LAV Audio Decoder because depending on source (Video, TV - even which channel/program) is different.
then it means that the problem lays not on your TV delaying the picture comparing to audio (assumnig your amp has a lag near to 0) - or what crappy firmware TV has that produces different picture delays depending on input signal?
You should first find out where this lipsync problem comes from, and then fight the root source :)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Before you do.. please try connecting the HTPC to the TV using HDMI and put sound trough HDMI to the TV. then output sound from TV to amp.
    Too late ;-) Ordered the Onkyo TX-NR636 now. Has quite a few nice features too which I'd like to have, so its gonna be good, even if its no lipsyncing better.

then it means that the problem lays not on your TV delaying the picture comparing to audio
    I am not sure about this. Read elsewhere when trying to figure out the problem, that depending on what source/quality of picture is incoming to Samsung TV it take different times until the picture is displayed since its going through more picture enhancements. I guess thats why I have been told here to switch to "games-mode". But I am no expert.

You should first find out where this lipsync problem comes from, and then fight the root source :)
    Thats what I tried quite a long time now. The only thing that really did make it better (but not perfect) is Owlsroost' patched TSReader. But even there its not perfect...

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    epending on what source/quality of picture is incoming to Samsung TV it take different times until the picture is displayed
    the worst possible way :( Does your TV support audio stream-through (i.e. delaying the audio to the same amount of time as video, but passing it through via toslink) ?
    The problem in tour case that TV delays picture to undetermined time, so all enhancers/delayers cannot know exact delay value - only your TV knows it :(

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Before you do.. please try connecting the HTPC to the TV using HDMI and put sound trough HDMI to the TV. then output sound from TV to amp.
    Too late ;-) Ordered the Onkyo TX-NR636 now. Has quite a few nice features too which I'd like to have, so its gonna be good, even if its no lipsyncing better.

hahaha, yeah dude, new stuff is always fun :)
    If you have the same problem with new amp hook it up like i suggested, that may do the trick.

You and i have both been active in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/a-v-sync-picture-before-audio.126776/
    And that kind of fixed it for me... but I'll still go with the reconnecting options when i can find the time to do this since if I get that to woek I dont have to fiddle with sync settings ... aaan that solution does not work for live-tv.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    only your TV knows it
    Yeah, thats were lipsync feature should hopefully jump in. But as said, I am no pro. I could be due to htpc-setup too. I will see hopefully next weekend, when/if I have time to install the amp...

If you have the same problem with new amp hook it up like i suggested, that may do the trick.
    Will do...

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your new AMP may

a) work with the lip sync feature just fine - I dount it
    B) vasilich solution should work. It might affect audio quality depending on how the TV processes audio
    c) set the av sync delay in the new amp. Typically input lag is around 80-130ms for TV mode and 50 or less for game mode. There are video files with visual and optical signs to help find out the specific audio delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom