Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon) - Update 1.6.0.9 - 01.11.2014 (1 Viewer)

Quantor

Portal Pro
February 9, 2013
Bad Kreuznach
Home Country
Germany Germany
Skin update, Version 1.5.1.4 ;)

@sweborn : Nice one ;)

One strange thing happened to me. After the installation I've started MP and was wondering that most of the backdrops for the main menu (moving pictures, mptvseries, settings, weather, aso) we're not shown... Only the backdrops which I've added manually over the Avalanche Editor were there where they belong.... Digging into the problem I noticed that Fanart Handler 3.1.x.x was inactive and also missing in MP Configuration... Reinstalling FH has done the trick, but could you please check if this was triggered by your installer ?

One more thing...

image.jpg

Can you point me to the XML and value which I have to change to get rid of the CYAN text on white background in the shown overlay ?

And before I forget it: Thanks for your great work.... Once again

Quantor

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

One strange thing happened to me. After the installation I've started MP and was wondering that most of the backdrops for the main menu (moving pictures, mptvseries, settings, weather, aso) we're not shown... Only the backdrops which I've added manually over the Avalanche Editor were there where they belong.... Digging into the problem I noticed that Fanart Handler 3.1.x.x was inactive and also missing in MP Configuration... Reinstalling FH has done the trick, but could you please check if this was triggered by your installer ?

One more thing...

View attachment 144599

Can you point me to the XML and value which I have to change to get rid of the CYAN text on white background in the shown overlay ?

Quantor

Thank you Quantor :)

About the first problem, I do not think it is caused by my installation file. I have not encountered this issue.
And the second one, I understand that it may be difficult to see a ongoing TV-show with this color. Use the attached file. I you are not happy with the new color you can change the value <remoteColor>FF646572</remoteColor> in listcontrol.

Regards
Sweborn

Attachments

• references.xml
    28.4 KB

Quantor

Portal Pro
February 9, 2013
Bad Kreuznach
Home Country
Germany Germany

One more thing...

View attachment 144599

Quantor

About the first problem, I do not think it is caused by my installation file. I have not encountered this issue.
And the second one, I understand that it may be difficult to see a ongoing TV-show with this color. Use the attached file. I you are not happy with the new color you can change the value <remoteColor>FF646572</remoteColor> in listcontrol.

Regards
Sweborn

Hi Sweborn,

Thanks for this file. Helped alot....

Retarding the first problem: All I've done was ending MP, running the installer of Avalanche 1.5.1.4 and then restarting MP... Noticing that Fanart Handler was gone.... Don't know what, but something must have deinstalled it... As I have not performed any other changes on my setup it must have been somehow triggered by the skin-installation... Very Strange...

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

One more thing...

View attachment 144599

Quantor

Regards
Sweborn

Hi Sweborn,

Thanks for this file. Helped alot....

Retarding the first problem: All I've done was ending MP, running the installer of Avalanche 1.5.1.4 and then restarting MP... Noticing that Fanart Handler was gone.... Don't know what, but something must have deinstalled it... As I have not performed any other changes on my setup it must have been somehow triggered by the skin-installation... Very Strange...

You're right, I've checked it now. :whistle: At the beginning of the installation all the old installation files from Avallanche will be deleted ,including FanartHandler. If you remove the checkmark from FanartHandler during the installation the file does't install. I'll see if this can be solved for the next release. Maybe i remove the option, if I do not find another solution.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So, I'm giving this skin a go, but I seem to have the incorrect font installed. Not only did I run the skin installer, I downloaded and installed the separate font too (that told me the font was already installed). I tried restarting my computer + clearing the cache folder, of course.

Advice?
    Emph

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So, I'm giving this skin a go, but I seem to have the incorrect font installed. Not only did I run the skin installer, I downloaded and installed the separate font too (that told me the font was already installed). I tried restarting my computer + clearing the cache folder, of course.

Advice?
    Emph

Can you please try if the installed Avallanche font works in a editor like wordpad.

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It does, yes.

Edit: Uninstalled the font manually, installed it again, cleared the cache and rebooted. Now it works!

Emph

I do not know why the font not installed correctly at once. But I'm glad you finally make it to work .

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A suggestion for anyone wanting current weather background in Basic Home under the weather tab. Use the attached file. Change the word Weather in the file, if You are using a language other than English.
    Code:
    <visible>string.equals(#homeitem,Weather)</visible>
    This will show current weather bg if no background is selected for weather in Avallanche config.

weather.png

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      81.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom