Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon) - Update 1.6.0.9 - 01.11.2014 (1 Viewer)

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Did someone actualize the avallanche TrueType Fonts for letters with accents like graphes, circonflexe in french And spanish Language? If you download movienames or actornames from IMDB, Letters with these accents are showed with a different Font, as avallanche Fonts dont have an entry for the regarding unicode sign. World be great, if I could get an improved Font file.
That is correct. Apostrophe and circonflexe does not exist in Avallanche font, therefore it shows the default font. I will add these in the next release of Avallanche.

freetoair

Portal Pro
April 16, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
How can I reduce the massive font size on the homepage of this skin?

I don't want to use another skin, but this seems too big

:eek:

2ptv11i.jpg

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
How can I reduce the massive font size on the homepage of this skin?

I don't want to use another skin, but this seems too big

:eek:

2ptv11i.jpg
I am not using classic home, i'm using basic home. But I can reduce the text size a bit in classic home (will change it in the next release). I noticed that you not have the associated Avallache font installed. This can be done manually with the attached file in the first entry.
Edit: Use the attached files for smaller menu.
basichome_classic.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1387143693][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did someone actualize the avallanche TrueType Fonts for letters with accents like graphes, circonflexe in french And spanish Language? If you download movienames or actornames from IMDB, Letters with these accents are showed with a different Font, as avallanche Fonts dont have an entry for the regarding unicode sign. World be great, if I could get an improved Font file.
That is correct. Apostrophe and circonflexe does not exist in Avallanche font, therefore it shows the default font. I will add these in the next release of Avallanche.
Updated font file in first post. :)

Attachments

• viewport_basichome.png
    viewport_basichome.png
    948.6 KB
  • myHome.xml
    4.2 KB
Last edited:

Chisum

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Under the "install"-Button in your pictured extension manager are hidden different options, there you can choose, which version to install.

For installing the font you have to copy the avallanche.ttf into the c:/windows/fonts directory.

I also installed the MayaHD font into this directory, but i am not sure, if this was necessary. I did that, because in the "font.xml" and"font.normal.xml" file in ...skin/avallanche directory for letters with size 11 there is a string to MayaHD-font.

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    :(

I tried to install the new font and now there is just a blank screen. Where can I get the old version of this skin? It was far better and I did not have any problems.

sqmfdv.jpg
    Sometimes the font wont install correctly. Try this: Uninstall Avallenche font, install the latest Avallanche font, restart your computer. Tell me if that works.

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am reverting to Titan as this is way too problematic. Avallanche was the perfect skin!
    Sad that it does not work for you. It would be interesting if someone else having problem with the skin?

Last edited:

freetoair

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I uninstalled MePo. I did a fresh install. I then used the extension manager to see if Avallanche would work. Thankfully it is working now and even has the new stylish font!

An early Christmas present from sweborn!

fdvrrs.jpg

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sweborn m8, not sure if it's Plugin (MP TV Series) version or Skin related, but since v1.5 of Avallanche and Addict, I got a weird problem depending on the rating dialog after the end of an episode.

When the dialog is skipped with the the Esc key (sometimes even when giving a rating) and I start a new episode, the screen is just black/blank but the audio is there. When I leave fullscreen, the rating dialog of the old episode is shown again, when I confirm my rating, the small blank video preview in the left corner shows the actual picture again, then I can go back to Fullscreen.

First I thought there is something wrong with the Refresh Rate Changer :D, but since I disabled the rating dialog in MP TV Series config, everything's fine again. Can you confirm this behaviour?

Cheers an Happy New Year!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    shorty1483, does the same thing happen if you use the trakt rating dialog instead (you can enable from trakt advanced settings). It's actually better than the native one that comes with mptvseries and movpics. Of course this dialogs also requires skin support as well.

Can you reproduce your issue with the DefaultWide skin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom