Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon) - Update 1.6.0.9 - 01.11.2014 (1 Viewer)

Neuenfeldt

Portal Member
March 30, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
..minutes ago i've done this and reinstalled with ticked Mepo 1.7, but the same error on PC.

Update: Now i tried on my Notebook and it seems to work there. I could start the Avallanche Editor
and remove some entries from the Home Menu. (e.g Series, Movies).
Then i klick on Update, but the new settings are not saved. There is no Button "OK or Save or Quit..." in this Editor.
The Cache i have cleared.

2. Update: I'm on 1366 x 768 and a font size 125% so the Buttons where not shown - sorry.
But on my PC theres still the Problem with the error. Maybe i could do the settings at Notebook
and copy the xml-file(s) to my PC. What's to copy and is this a way?

I think this one should be enough
\\Mediacenter\c\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Avallanche.xml

...Thanks, that's a way i can live with. One time set up the home screen, copy the xml back and thats it.

One question at last, should i use the FA Handler 3.1 or 2.3.1 (this one i like much more).
The little Problem is, when i show my musik in FolderView the Fanart is available, but
no cover is shown. I have a folder.jpg in every Folder (that contains the songs from an album).
In "playing now" the cover is shown.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    One question at last, should i use the FA Handler 3.1 or 2.3.1 (this one i like much more).
    The little Problem is, when i show my musik in FolderView the Fanart is available, but
    no cover is shown. I have a folder.jpg in every Folder (that contains the songs from an album).
    In "playing now" the cover is shown.

I'm using 3.1 and it seems to work just fine. Not sure about teh Foder jpg as I'm not using MP for Musik at all.

Edit - which Folder View are you speaking about?

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Also i dont understand how i get the Trailer plugin to work. When i hit trailer, it just searches youtube in Online videos and doesnt pick up my local.

Format is %filename%-Trailer.ext and they are in the movie folder. i set that format in Trailer config but still nothing.
    You can try teh last xml's for Movong Pictures from my repository:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ewipzajgzk6gt8j/qAC25UjPDC/Dirty Paper/1.6

There are two MovingPictures files expanding the Hidden Menue a little.[DOUBLEPOST=1396352804][/DOUBLEPOST]
    How do we get clearlogo to appear in Tv series? I used Mepo to download a few and set the paths as described in post #1 but i see nothing. Does Mepo need to be running while im in MP?

Clear Logo where? When fwd or pause or similiar you will see the ClearLogo on the status field if there is one.

These are teh only settings I know about which have influenace on displaying the Artwork:

upload_2014-4-2_8-21-15.png

Neuenfeldt

Portal Member
    March 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'm using 3.1 and it seems to work just fine. Not sure about teh Foder jpg as I'm not using MP for Musik at all.

Edit - which Folder View are you speaking about?

..when i go to music, i have the layout "list" and the view "folder view" (also possible album interpret, genre...),
    but no cover is shown.

folderview.jpg

Neuenfeldt

Portal Member
    March 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm - I think this comes over the fanart handler

...ok, i think now it's time to reinstall MePo and the Plugins completeley. But my biggest problem is my videodatabase.
    I have about 500 films with description, actorinfos and for each file 2 fanarts.
    If i take a new fanarthandler.db3 so i have to reorganize all my films with covers and fanart, description by hand,
    cause the automatic scrap doesn't find a lot of films.
    If i use my now backuped .db3, i'm not shure, that FA handler 3.1 works fine for me.
    But now i will start to uninstall and delete and clean the registry.

Many thanks for your help. The Avallanche skin (Avalon, Avallonis) ist the best looking skin for me and i will try
    to do a clean installation, to get also the Avallanche Editor to work fine.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Also i dont understand how i get the Trailer plugin to work. When i hit trailer, it just searches youtube in Online videos and doesnt pick up my local.

Format is %filename%-Trailer.ext and they are in the movie folder. i set that format in Trailer config but still nothing.

There are two MovingPictures files expanding the Hidden Menue a little.[DOUBLEPOST=1396352804][/DOUBLEPOST]
    How do we get clearlogo to appear in Tv series? I used Mepo to download a few and set the paths as described in post #1 but i see nothing. Does Mepo need to be running while im in MP?

Clear Logo where? When fwd or pause or similiar you will see the ClearLogo on the status field if there is one.

These are teh only settings I know about which have influenace on displaying the Artwork:

View attachment 148329
    Ok, and is it just suppose to work once the files are downloaded and in there proper folders? There are no configurations needed to be done in avalanche for it to appear? Because i have nothing when i pause a show either or CDart for movies.

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

There are two MovingPictures files expanding the Hidden Menue a little.[DOUBLEPOST=1396352804][/DOUBLEPOST]Clear Logo where? When fwd or pause or similiar you will see the ClearLogo on the status field if there is one.

View attachment 148329
    Ok, and is it just suppose to work once the files are downloaded and in there proper folders? There are no configurations needed to be done in avalanche for it to appear? Because i have nothing when i pause a show either or CDart for movies.

Hi,
    No configurations are needed in Avallanche to show clearart. Have you looked into the art foders if you have art for the specific movie. MePo tools is only for downloading art and do not need to be running to show clearart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom