Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon) - Update 1.6.0.9 - 01.11.2014 (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    can't you code for both mepetools and DVDArt

Control 1 use DVDArt image
    Control 2 use mepo tools image
    Control 3 use plain disc if control1+control2 not visible

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can't you code for both mepetools and DVDArt

Control 1 use DVDArt image
    Control 2 use mepo tools image
    Control 3 use plain disc if control1+control2 not visible

I don't know if it's useful, because it suggests to have the same images twice, or you set junctions.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just assumed people wouldn't have both DVDArt and mepo tools.

How about this then

Control 1 texture=DVDArt Image
    Control 2 texture=MepoTools Image, Visible=!control.isvisible(1)
    Control 3 texture=Plain Disc Image, Visible=!control.isvisible(1)+!control.isvisible(2)

you can support users regardless of which plugin they use, without them needing to edit the code.

Last edited:

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

How about this then

Control 3 texture=Plain Disc Image, Visible=!control.isvisible(1)+!control.isvisible(2)

you can support users regardless of which plugin they use, without them needing to edit the code.

That makes sense. Will have a look on at the weekend ;)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    And - now with Disk too ;)

View attachment 131168

As I don't use the last avallanche right now I couldn't test what happens if TVseries has a diskimage - when playing a series which has no disk image the blank one is displayed. I put in the condition which should work - so someone needs to confirm.

CDArt for movies is linked to \MovingPictures\thumbs\Fullsize, so it will not work with the MePoTools standard folder (but with DVDArt Plugin).

It's not - it's the same as in the skin:

<texture mask="cd_mask.png">..\..\..\thumbs\CDArt\Series\#(string.trim(#TVSeries.Season.ID)).jpg</texture>[DOUBLEPOST=1371891599][/DOUBLEPOST]

How about this then

That makes sense. Will have a look on at the weekend ;)

Good idea - will try - only limitation is that only a restart of MePo will "reset". The reason is that MePo doesn't drop the image once loaded (this is what made displaying TV Logo a little tricky - it simply stays on screen because the variable stays filled). So you can't use both - when switching you need to remove on database. But for most of the useres it will be good enough.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see what you mean. in this case I think it is better to display both images on top of each other (they are both discs from the same website) so don't they just overlap perfectly?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    And - now with Disk too ;)

View attachment 131168

As I don't use the last avallanche right now I couldn't test what happens if TVseries has a diskimage - when playing a series which has no disk image the blank one is displayed. I put in the condition which should work - so someone needs to confirm.

CDArt for movies is linked to \MovingPictures\thumbs\Fullsize, so it will not work with the MePoTools standard folder (but with DVDArt Plugin).

Just have seen - there was a typo in the XML

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I see what you mean. in this case I think it is better to display both images on top of each other (they are both discs from the same website) so don't they just overlap perfectly?

OK - so I tried now a different approach: When CDArt is present it takes CD Art. When it is not there it akes DVDArt (well - it should) - if this is missing too it displays a blank disk. Didn't have much time for testing.

In addition to get away from DVDART the Blank Disk Logo need to be copied to the Media Folder

Attachments

• cd.png
      cd.png
      295.2 KB
    • common.overlay.home.xml
      27.8 KB
    Last edited:

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011
    sweborn, I think the widebanner fanart view in TVSeries is not working properly. When switching to banner fanart mode in skin settings and activating in MPTVSeries the banner layout, I just see the series count, but no series banners, fade in cover, Series Name etc...

The other setting combinations work.

Hey, Any idea how to fix that ? I changed teh setting to wide banner, and now I don't have the menu anymore to switch it back and nothing appears :(
    Thanks

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sweborn, I think the widebanner fanart view in TVSeries is not working properly. When switching to banner fanart mode in skin settings and activating in MPTVSeries the banner layout, I just see the series count, but no series banners, fade in cover, Series Name etc...

The other setting combinations work.

Hey, Any idea how to fix that ? I changed teh setting to wide banner, and now I don't have the menu anymore to switch it back and nothing appears :(
    Thanks

sweborn is working on a fix.

To get rid of your problem, you go into Avallanche Configuration->Series->Wide Banner: No Fanart (I hope it's translated right, I use german)

After that, MPTVSeries should be usable again, you can also revert Wide Banner Mode to Fanart in above settings, just keep in mind not to activate banners in MPTVSeries Layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom