Avallanche - Old version for MP1.3 and earlier (2 Viewers)

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Do i understand it right, that Avallanche is the white theme for Avallonis 1.3 and Avallonis defaults to blue but is needed for Avallanche?
    Thanks for this beautiful work!

Carsten

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

Do i understand it right, that Avallanche is the white theme for Avallonis 1.3 and Avallonis defaults to blue but is needed for Avallanche?
    Thanks for this beautiful work!

Carsten
    Avalanche is a theme for Avallonis, with many compositional changes to current Avallonis screens. Avalanche was made with only the white theme in mind. But, you can have a blue Avalanche if you wish. I already have a blue version by copying many of the graphics from the Blue Avallonis folder to a Avalanche Blue folder in the Avallonis Themes folder, along with the Avalanche xmls, except for the references.xml (you must use the Avallonis Blue references.xml to get the font colors right). I personally like the Blue.

one note for reference... any new xmls that go into the Avalanche theme folder must also be copied into the Avalanche Blue theme folder... unless they do not exist in either the Blue or the White Avallonis folders (not in the themes folder). If they are not substitued for the root Avallonis xmls, then you can put them in the root folder.

It gets confusing, but it makes sense.

Last edited:

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    thanks for the info. I am using MP 1.2.3 with Avallonis (white) at the moment and with the upcoming MP 1.3.0 i want to keep this.

best regards,
    Carsten

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Volume Control for Avallanche ver 1.0

Configure your audio outputs from within MP...define preset volumes...adjust channel volumes independently...even fall asleep listening to your music without annoying the neighbours (or waking the kids) knowing that the volume will turn down (or off) at a preset time.

Screenshot_1.png......Screenshot_2.png......Screenshot_3.png......Screenshot_5.png......Screenshot_6.png

Copy and paste all files into your "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis\Themes\Avallanche" folder.

Tested on Windows 7 / Volume Control ver 1.1.1.0

Attachments

• Volume Control for Avallanche ver 1.0.zip
      317.8 KB

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    HTPCInfo for Avallanche ver 2.1

Screenshot_1.png......Screenshot_2.png......Screenshot_3.png......Screenshot_4.png

Copy and paste all files into your "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis\Themes\Avallanche" folder.

Tested on Windows 7 / HTPCInfo ver 1.6.1.0

Attachments

• HTPCInfo for Avallanche ver 2.1.zip
      8.8 KB
    Last edited:

kazooless

Portal Member
    November 22, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MovingPictures Importer

Before today, I had no idea how to do any skinning or theme mods. I KNOW that this isn't completely correct and it is possible it will break something else. However, I did figure out a few things by digging into the XML files and I was able to add the MovingPictures Importer item to the menu. I have a feeling it will break the last two menu items that don't normally show up named "Now Playing Audio" and "Now Playing Video."

Anyway, I edited the movingpictures.hiddenmenu.xml using the same named file from the Titan skin and finding the extra item added for the importer. Because the menu item overlays the graphic (for which I have even less skill) I put it at the bottom and figured out how to get the selector to choose it when going up and down.

Then, I copied the movingpictures.importer.xml from the Titan skin folder. I didn't edit this file, but I did find every .png file it referenced in the ./Titan/Media folder and copied it to the /Avallonis/Media folder. Now the importer looks great and works!

I thought I'd share. I hope I'm not causing any trouble by doing so, or stepping on anybody's toes.

kazooless

EDIT: Updated Files. Works much better now and matches the order found in Titan. I figured out how the menus work and how to place a new item in the middle of the menu list. I also figured out how to get rid of the movie icon that was showing up underneath the mp_logo.png. I moved the text on the top left to fit in the same place as the normal Avalon Menu names and made the text the same size and color. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am a novice (but it works for me).

Attachments

• movingpictures.hiddenmenu.xml.zip
      93.3 KB
    Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Yousing this mod too - the only issue is that the live view windows overlaps now with the recordings - what do I need to do to move the Live View up to the Poster section?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/avallonis-an-avalon-mod.102366/page-112#post-956335

Just trying out this mod now...hopefully I can sort out any issues and upload it to the Github so as @sweborn can include it in the next MPE1.[DOUBLEPOST=1360761310][/DOUBLEPOST]@pur_berger

Are you getting the same results as me......Screenshot_1.png......Screenshot_2.png......?

As far as I understand the recordings should only show when TV is inactive...so there must be a problem with the xml.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom