Avallanche - Old version for MP1.3 and earlier (4 Viewers)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    sure - here you go:

mp.PNG

Path to TV Logos:

c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos

Attachments

• BasicHome.recentRecordings.xml
      14.2 KB

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks.

Odd that my TV channel logos and recording icons don't show.

Had this too - now I have installed my system from scratch and it's working. What I have recognised (you rememeber the isseu with watched colour in MyAnime?) - When installing Avalon plus Avalonis with theme it is fixed - when Avalon is missing Avalonis doesn't work - maybe this is also true for the XML?

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Maybe...I think one has to have a very in-depth knowledge of all the files and how they relate to each other.

I've moved the recording info into the top left corner and am going to change the recording icons (not keen on the ones currently used)...should be finished shortly.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Hmmm...I think this is going to take a bit longer than I thought! :)

The way the xml is written at the moment is to only show three lines of entries in total to fit into the limited space at the bottom of the screen. I think the idea was that if you had three scheduled recordings and one active recording that the top two scheduled entries would move down one line and the top entry would be replaced by the current active recording...but this isn't happening. My setup shows any active recording replacing the first TWO lines of entries (the first line being the actual recording and the second line being the date and time of the currently recording programme as per the EPG).

LMH is limited to three entries for scheduled recordings and three entries for active recordings...so if I am going to move the items to the top left of screen where there is more space to play with I think it makes sense to have the ability to show six entries in total, three for scheduled and three for active (some people have more than one TV card so can record more than one channel simultaneously). What do you think?

So far I have......Screenshot_1.png

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hmmm...I think this is going to take a bit longer than I thought! :)

The way the xml is written at the moment is to only show three lines of entries in total to fit into the limited space at the bottom of the screen. I think the idea was that if you had three scheduled recordings and one active recording that the top two scheduled entries would move down one line and the top entry would be replaced by the current active recording...but this isn't happening. My setup shows any active recording replacing the first TWO lines of entries (the first line being the actual recording and the second line being the date and time of the currently recording programme as per the EPG).

LMH is limited to three entries for scheduled recordings and three entries for active recordings...so if I am going to move the items to the top left of screen where there is more space to play with I think it makes sense to have the ability to show six entries in total, three for scheduled and three for active (some people have more than one TV card so can record more than one channel simultaneously). What do you think?

So far I have......View attachment 122239

Hm - how about splitting the area in half (or 1/3 2/3?) and put the active ones on teh top and the sheduled ones on the bottom? Don't knoe if it is possible but you could make the scroll if there are more entries than visible fields (ok - this might go to far ;))

Also I would enlarge the field (two lines per entry) so the Logo will also have more space (it's very small now) - plus - not to forgett - when unsing Clickfinder some space in the middle is also going to be occupied

Realy appreciate you work!

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    I don't have Clickfinder installed so I'll have to install this to get the final positioning right.

Personally, I don't like seeing scrolling text if at all possible...makes it look like one is trying to "make things fit" and is also pretty distracting (and annoying if one is waiting for the entry to scroll). I've already increased the width of the fade labels to avoid this.

I can implement two lines per entry...the first line being the title and date of recording...the second being start and finish time of recording (or title on the first line in larger font and date and time on the second line in smaller font...my preference).

Another alternative is to have the active recordings top left and scheduled recordings bottom, with the 4-5 day weather forecast reduced to show (more) details for the current day only allowing more room for the scheduled recordings info.

Also, some info is being repeated on the home page...ie. weather info top right and bottom (IMO no need for this) and active recording icon top left that could be removed if the above is implemented.

Thanks for the feedback.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I think title first line and date/Time second line is the better way.

Is the info really repeted? I had the impression taht teh bottom shows the forecast (so the general tendency) and the top the actual condition. But you are right - three day foracast should be enough to be displayed on the Homepage plus a more info for the current day (what are you thinking of here?). But - you are only going to expand the line and not the high - so you can only move the information?

new.png

Aufnahmen 2.png

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    I think title first line and date/Time second line is the better way.

Is the info really repeted? I had the impression taht teh bottom shows the forecast (so the general tendency) and the top the actual condition. But you are right - three day foracast should be enough to be displayed on the Homepage plus a more info for the current day (what are you thinking of here?). But - you are only going to expand the line and not the high - so you can only move the information?

View attachment 122265

View attachment 122266

Yes...that looks good.

I'm presuming that most people will have either World Weather or World Weather Lite installed...so I was thinking of reducing weather info on the home page to the current day only but showing more info like "wind speed", "feels like" etc. That info is in "BasicHome.weather.xml" and is pretty straight forward so can be played around with to see what suits best or even have a couple of different versions. Personally, I'd prefer to see more info on the current day as I refer to WW for the full forecast...so the graphic containing weather info on the home page could be made smaller width wise and moved to the right to make room for the scheduled recordings.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just a small try - how about something like this?

new.jpg

In the upper section the active Recordings, on the bottom the ones to come. On teh other Hand it might be too much information on one page

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom