Avallanche - Old version for MP1.3 and earlier (1 Viewer)

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did not try it - but it seems as if the fanart is set after the menue in the xml - so moving the entries for "neueste Filme" below the fanart entry should solve this.
    @shorty1483...haven't tried it either but I think pur_berger is right.

The window on the right housing the "recently added" info is actually made up of two PNG files..."basichome_top_menu_bg_drop.png" and "basichome_top_menu_bg_drop_fill.png". Looking at your video it looks like your fanart comes before the "basichome_top_menu_bg_drop.png" but after "basichome_top_menu_bg_drop_fill.png". Re-arranging the layers order as pur_berger states should solve this.

Thank you. Already tried it. Perhaps I'm to stupid to sort the layers correctly ;)

For fun I merged *drop.png and *drop_fill.png but I still get the same result as in the video even the layer before isn't just a kind of frame anymore o_O

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmmm...very odd. Merging the PNG files should work too.

Silly question...but did you clear your cache before trying again?

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm...very odd. Merging the PNG files should work too.

Silly question...but did you clear your cache before trying again?

Yes Mate, I did :D

But after a long day of beer drinking at the outside, I' m now a little further investigating the problem...

The problem is the "Recently" facade xml import tag in BasicHome in combination with the three basichome_top_menu...PNGs. I have to merge them or separate them into the recently added xmls, if not, the recently added covers are hidden.

Edit:

Got it (y)

I had to put the BasicHome.FanartHandler.xml import tag before the other RecentlyAdded xmls and insert basichome_top_menu_bg_drop.png and basichome_top_menu_bg_drop_fill.png (a bit modified by me) into BasicHome.FanartHandler.xml. Now everythings working ( I think )

Nevertheless, plz backup before trying out! I hope someone has fun with it.

Attachments

• Avallanche_KenBurnsEffect_v3.zip
      2 MB
    Last edited:

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is Avallanche fully compatible with the latest MPTV Series 3.5.0?

I'm at 3.5.0.2028.
    With MP-TV Series 3.5.0 none of the keys work after the first episode has finished playing. Same as this problem (skin file issue)?

Looks like this diff fixed it for Titan Extended. I'm not much of a skinner so this is all conjecture on my part.

Thanks in advance and any help is appreciated.

[-edit-] Above diff definitely works for me and TV series can now display rating at the end of an episode. After that I can use the arrow keys to enter the rating and then move on to play next episode. The file to modify is C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis\TVSeries.RatingDialog.xml. I am using Avallanche 1.4.0.7 with MP-TVSeries 3.5.0.2028.

Can you kindly include the fix in the next version of Avallanche?

Last edited:

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Recently upgraded to 1.4.0.7. Wow... much progress has been made. Congrats!

Slight issue. On the home screen, the channel logos are slightly misaligned next to the 3 TV recordings near the bottom middle of screen (circled in red).
    7B39nkU.jpg

Also not sure what the green circles next to the recordings mean?

Last edited:

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Recently upgraded to 1.4.0.7. Wow... much progress has been made. Congrats!

Slight issue. On the home screen, the channel logos are slightly misaligned next to the 3 TV recordings near the bottom middle of screen (circled in red).

Also not sure what the green circles next to the recordings mean?

Are you using MePo 1.4?

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ......on the home screen, the channel logos are slightly misaligned......

This will vary depending on the aspect ratio of the logos that you use...so the options are to change the xml to suit your logos or to change the aspect ratio of the logos.

......also not sure what the green circles next to the recordings mean?......

Green is used for scheduled recordings, red for active recordings.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This will vary depending on the aspect ratio of the logos that you use...so the options are to change the xml to suit your logos or to change the aspect ratio of the logos.
    Thanks. I will look around. I should also mention that I use Argus TV (not MediaPortal TV Server).

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks. I will look around. I should also mention that I use Argus TV (not MediaPortal TV Server).

Not sure what happened but there seems to be a false xml - you can use this one:

Attachments

• BasicHome.recentRecordings.xml
      30.4 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom