Avallanche - Old version for MP1.3 and earlier (2 Viewers)

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit: Here it is

http://db.tt/oY8j74D4

Also AvallancheAddict Post is updated with AvallancheAddict 1.5.0.0.1 Update (important!)

Screenshot - 17.06.2013 , 21_07_54.jpgScreenshot - 17.06.2013 , 21_08_03.jpg Screenshot - 17.06.2013 , 21_13_02.jpg Screenshot - 17.06.2013 , 21_13_11.jpg Screenshot - 17.06.2013 , 21_14_07.jpg Screenshot - 17.06.2013 , 21_14_46.jpg Screenshot - 17.06.2013 , 21_15_20.jpg

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ wow I really like this looks great. Both Avallanche and AvallancheAddict.

I have a suggestion the whole organisation of these themes + mods is really confusing, and could probably be simplified for the user.

Is this correct?
    • We have standalone Avalon skin
    • We have standalone Avallonis skin which is based on Avalon
    • We have Avallanche which is a theme for Avallonis (so requires that Avallonis is installed)
    • We have AvallanceAddict which is a modification of the Avallance theme for Avalon skin? so requires user to install Avalon skin + Avallanche theme + then overwrite Avallanche theme files with Avallanche addict mod files?
    Is Avalon still being actively developed? (EDIT: Yes, dlarge is working on Avalon for MP1.4, see here)

There is a MP1.4 version of Avallanche but I can find no corresponding MP1.4 version of Avallonis.

However on github I see that Avallanche has quite a few files that are not themed and overwrite the main avallonis folder, is this because the Avallanche theme contains files to update Avallonis for MP1.3 to MP1.4? - (EDIT - I see Avallanche theme install package contains Avallonis skin)

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    BUG:

Clean Installation of Avallanche 1.5.0.0.mpei results in a blank basic-home (no preset menus).

NB.Clean = Clean install of MP1.4 with no prior installation Avalon/Avallonis/Avallanche

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    BUG:

I think there are missing files from the Avallanche 1.5.0.0.mpei

In mpconfig the version number for Avallonis is blank.
    Untitled.png

If I start MP with Avallonis default theme then basic home does not work. But if I jump into settings I can select the Avallanche theme, but the theme doesn't stick it stays in default theme.

If I use MP Config to select the Avallanche theme for Avallonis Then MP starts with Avallonis, but the GUI is from Titan
    Untitled2.png

Unfortunately I can't test further because I can't install files from Avallonis as I can't find an avallonis mpei that works with MP1.4.

Last edited:

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ^ wow I really like this looks great. Both Avallanche and AvallancheAddict.

I have a suggestion the whole organisation of these themes + mods is really confusing, and could probably be simplified for the user.

Is this correct?
    • We have standalone Avalon skin Yes
    • We have standalone Avallonis skin which is based on Avalon Yes, no need to install Avalon
    • We have Avallanche which is a theme for Avallonis (so requires that Avallonis is installed) Yes, as you say down the post, Avallonis for 1.4 is included
    • We have AvallanceAddict which is a modification of the Avallance theme for Avalon skin? so requires user to install Avalon skin + Avallanche theme + then overwrite Avallanche theme files with Avallanche addict mod files? No, AvallancheAddict is an own theme folder with same dependencies as Avallanche. You just need to install Avallanche 1.5.0.0, and then install AvallancheAddict. So you have the option of Avallonis default, Avallanche and AvallancheAddict.
    Is Avalon still being actively developed? (EDIT: Yes, dlarge is working on Avalon for MP1.4, see here)

There is a MP1.4 version of Avallanche but I can find no corresponding MP1.4 version of Avallonis.

However on github I see that Avallanche has quite a few files that are not themed and overwrite the main avallonis folder, is this because the Avallanche theme contains files to update Avallonis for MP1.3 to MP1.4? - (EDIT - I see Avallanche theme install package contains Avallonis skin)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for that. I've changed the title of cul8er's thread from

"Avallonis (An Avalon Mod)" -- to --> "Avallonis (Skin based on Avalon)"

@cul8er - I hope you are okay with this! If not PM me and I can change it back. The reason for the change is that the titles are confusing for new users. The old title suggested that this was a collection of files for modifying Avalon rather than a separately installed skin.

@shorty1483 - I read in this thread that someone suggested that AvallancheAddict deserved it's own thread. Do you know how many DL's your theme has had? - If you decide to I can remove your AvallancheAddict posts from this thread, merge them into their own thread titled "AvallanceAddict (An Avallonis Theme)", just let me know now or in the near future.

Last edited:

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @shorty1483 - I read in this thread that someone suggested that AvallancheAddict deserved it's own thread. Do you know how many DL's your theme has had? - If you decide to I can remove your AvallancheAddict posts from this thread, merge them into their own thread titled "AvallanceAddict (An Avallonis Theme)", just let me know now or in the near future.

No clue how many to be honest. I uploaded it to my public Dropbox and after 2 years of requests, they still aren't able to implement a DL counter. But I think it has not more than 3 :p

Nevertheless it's perhaps better to put it in an own thread for the people (and me ;)) not getting confused with the different packages for Avallanche and AvallancheAddict.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you want me to create a thread for you with your posts? PS. If I create a separate thread it will not be 'stickied'

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

No clue how many to be honest. I uploaded it to my public Dropbox and after 2 years of requests, they still aren't able to implement a DL counter. But I think it has not more than 3 :p

Nevertheless it's perhaps better to put it in an own thread for the people (and me ;)) not getting confused with the different packages for Avallanche and AvallancheAddict.
    *hint* if a new subforum is required to make things easier to understand for the users, just tell me.

This here surely grown out of the Avalon "mod" shoes. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom